pedometers

Options
:flowerforyou: I recently bought a cheap pedometer- it seems to work ok, but it counts a step even at the slightest movement. I know it is not counting my steps correctly. Is there a pedometer out there that works better than the cheap $7 one that I bought at Wal-Mart? Thanks for any help.

Replies

• NoDayButToday
    Options
    My iPod Nano has a pedometer. It works fairly well.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    would you happen to have the nintendo DS? there is a pedometer for that game system that is awesome. it's called personal trainer "walking" got it at best buy for 19.99 and it comes with 2 pedometers so you can have a walking partner which includes your dog or cat :smile:
  • donnaleecam
    donnaleecam Posts: 54
    Options
    I have had so many different ones....never had any luck!!! My mom uses one at times-it was a cheapie or free. Good luck!!
  • need2
    need2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have an Omron GOsmart™ Hip Pedometer HJ-150. It uses a different technology to sense movement and doesn't start counting until you've been moving for 5 seconds or so (but it gives you credit for those steps also). Google it for more info. I've found it to be fairly accurate, although it is a bit more pricey ( around $20). Also, it has a unique look, it is perfectly round with a digital display only when you press the button. It doesn't track distance or calories...only steps, but also has a clock function. I get lots of comments when I wear it.
  • marsha73
    marsha73 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks for the help
  • amaterna
    amaterna Posts: 1
    Options
    I just bought a Timex pedometer. i think it works just fine. it clips on to the waist of my pants or skirt. It shows steps, mile and calories. It is pretty accurate. It can count up to 99,999 steps. I wear it all day long. I do a cardio tennis class and I run/walk 3.5 miles during that time. So on those days I easily exceed my 10,000 steps:happy:
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    yeah i also use the one on my nano - it seems pretty good, and considering the thing is usually in my pocket anyway, one less thing to cart around!