zumba for the wii

Options
Does anyone know how much calories you can burn from playing the Zumba wii game?
I have just started using it and its pretty full on!

Replies

• farsteve
    farsteve Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Here is something terrible unscientific (maybe even borders on broscience) but, if your
    A. heart rate elevates and you
    B. work up a sweat and you
    C. can still comfortably talk

you may be in the 7-9 minute calorie burn per minute zone. Call it 8 calories burned per minute to be conservative.
  • sophiek1964
    sophiek1964 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    With my HRM, I burn about 460 calories doing a medium intensity medium length Wii Zumba 2 class.

Oh there is a website that figures out calories burned doing zumba. I don't know what it is offhand but you can easily google it.
  • andread123
    andread123 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Mine tells me how many calories I've burned, but I think it's a very generous estimate. Yesterday, for instance, it told me I burned over 500 calories in a 47-minute "class." That seems high to me. I would say more like 300-400.
  • zoemclarnon1
    zoemclarnon1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    yeah ticking the box for all three! lol could hardly breathe haha
    thats brill so about 100 cals per 20 min session :D
  • LozPenguin
    LozPenguin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Lol Zumba for wii is so much fun. I am so un-co I mess up the steps at least 80% of the time; but it doesn't matter! I'm jumping around like and idiot and still burning heaps of calories, all I have to do is make sure the blinds are closed :embarassed: and cover the fishtank. (seriously; I have a fish who gets riled up and goes mental if I make too many fast movements around him. If anyone's going to have a heart attack during my Zumba workout it should be me!)
  • zoemclarnon1
    zoemclarnon1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    my daughters only 2 she freaks out when im doing zumba cz im leaping about like a mad woman and shes trying to chase me going MUMMMYYY! must think ive lost my marbles! lol