HELP!!!!!!!! HOW MANY CALORIES

Options
Hi to everyone out there, i am looking for some help,

What would or should my calorie intake be, 34yrs old, 5ft 5inchs, female, 240lbs. =( and 52.5 % bodyfat.

I have read a lot about not doing 1200cals. Would like some support and friends, if anyone give me guidance?????

Thankyou in advance =):flowerforyou:

Replies

• Rangarth
    Rangarth Posts: 121
    Options
    Have MFP figure it out.........current need -500 calories is always a good start.....it should net 1 pound a week with minimal workout. Add 3x week a 30 minute walk and it will take that pound off.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I agree - just go to goals and tell MFP you want to lose 1 pound per week and choose your activity level. MFP will do the rest.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,804 Member
    Options
    1766 calories, I think I did it right, your tdee with no exercise calculates to 2208, so take 20% off it comes out to 1766, so someone correct me if im wrong but you want to net 1766 for now and then re evaluate that ase you start losing weight
  • funnymum1995
    funnymum1995 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you 2 everyone who's replied, should i take 20% of or 30%?, i have been able to do brisk walking and some weights at home..... after doing weight watchers 1766 seems high to me.... but i want do do something for the long term, :smile:
  • funnymum1995
    Options
    So would that be a total of 2lbs a week? 1lb from -500 cals, and 1lbs from the exercise. Sorry for being slow... seems to good to be true
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I was given this link to a useful calculator- if you use MFP BMR you eat back calories that you get from exercise, if you work out your TDEE= total daily energy expenditure it factors IN average exercise so you just use the same calorie goal each day. It gives a higher calorie allowance (don't be scared of that) but you should still lose weight.

there are many posts related to tdee have a scroll through some - :flowerforyou:
  • Figjeti
    Options
    Take your current body weight and multiply it by 11 and that will be a good start for you to start losing weight, now depending on how much you weight (Bigger) your body allows you to have a bigger caloric defecit without the risk of losing lean muscle mass as opposed to someone who is smaller, who really needs to watch their defecit if they wanna conserve lean body tissue.... If you are bigger(25%bf+) you can have a defecit of 1000+ calories
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,804 Member
    Options
    Thank you 2 everyone who's replied, should i take 20% of or 30%?, i have been able to do brisk walking and some weights at home..... after doing weight watchers 1766 seems high to me.... but i want do do something for the long term, :smile:
    lower calories will make it where your body will store the fat, ive been eating 1500 give or take and thats how ive lost the weight but im 25 and 140lbs so my body needs less
  • Rangarth
    Rangarth Posts: 121
    Options
    The best results for me was doing 500-1000 calories less than what you need and recalculate every 10 lbs to keep it going. Also, realize you will lose more at the beginning and it comes closer to your goal it may take a little longer or more exercise.
  • funnymum1995
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply :flowerforyou:
  • RoseRyanUpdegroveKing
    Options
    I just got this... My suggestion is the same as some others do your goals in MFP. They will give you the right amount, My # is 1220 without exercise.... Check it out.
  • funnymum1995
    Options
    Should i do 1200cals or the 1766??????

been reading up and a lot people saying 1200 too low, i want to lose fat not muscle my stats are at the begining of the thread, anyone whos done this and can point me in the right direction :blushing:

sorry am just getting more confused........ thanks
  • Figjeti
    Options
    You would be safe going down to 1200 for a good amount of time without losing LBM, but you have to ask yourself if u can sustain that for a long period of time, 1700 is a lot more sustainable in the long-term so thats what i would shoot for
  • Nat0226
    Nat0226 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
  • funnymum1995
    Options
    Hi, last week i upped my calories to 1775, i have been having on average 1600, age 34yr, 5ft 5inch, 241lbs............... I have gained a 1lb this week..........:sad: can anyone tell me if i am taking in th right amount of cals, i thought i had cracked it but now am gutted, thanks

ps carbs set at 40% and fat at 30% as advice on here.
  • grabenson7
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I was given this link to a useful calculator- if you use MFP BMR you eat back calories that you get from exercise, if you work out your TDEE= total daily energy expenditure it factors IN average exercise so you just use the same calorie goal each day. It gives a higher calorie allowance (don't be scared of that) but you should still lose weight.

there are many posts related to tdee have a scroll through some - :flowerforyou:

Good tool well worth a look at, as theres so many.
  • funnymum1995
    Options
    Thanks for replying, thats what i have done but gained:sad: will look again, maybe am missing something!!!! will spend some time and go through again, thanks x
  • sabrina_stafford
    sabrina_stafford Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would stick with the 1200 MFP is saying, then as you lose it will tell you when to add more.
  • funnymum1995
    Options
    But all the research i have done says i need to eat more?????
  • Live_To_Kayak
    Options
    Here.s a body weight simulator that allows you to model calories/exercise and time to desired weight.

http://bwsimulator.niddk.nih.gov/