1200 Calorie Meals

Options
Can anyone help me with healthy 1200 calorie meal plans for 30 days. I am always over on protein. Is that okay if I am losing weight on the scales? I feel satisfied. I have a cup of Kashi go lean for breakfast with almond milk, tuna fish on a salad for lunch with rice crackers, 98% lean ground meat, black beans and guacamole on a salad for dinner, 2 snacks of Fage yogurt and 1/2 honeycrisp apple, I am at 1104 calories, but 80 grams of protein. Since I am losing weight, I guess this high protein is okay?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The protein targets set on MFP by default are generally agreed to be on the low side - 80g of protein a day is absolutely fine, provided you have no other medical issues.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You confused me, OP. I have plenty of meal plans for 1200 calorie meals, but I can't help you eat only 1200 ALL DAY! Just, no.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You confused me, OP. I have plenty of meal plans for 1200 calorie meals, but I can't help you eat only 1200 ALL DAY! Just, no.

LOL this exactly
    plenty of ideas for 1200 meals :)
  • sejor23
    Options
    Depending on the exercises you do, if you're lifting weights and things like that you should be getting atleast 1gram of protein per body weight. So 80 grams of protein is completely fine, having more protein helps you actually lose weight, but dont go over your body weight.
  • dianneinaustintexas
    Options
    Thanks !
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Split the 1200 into 4, so that's around 300 each for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.

300 cal breakfast - cereal with milk, fruit juice. Porridge. bacon and eggs. Toast with cottage cheese or guacamole.

300 cal lunches - soup or stew

300 cal dinner - piece of chicken or fish with vegetables. Add some potatoes or rice or pasta to boost that calorie count.

Snacks - cheese, fruit, humus and carrot sticks, nuts, yoghurt
  • dietingdanni
    Options
    It all sounds pretty healthy to me. I find keeping the protein up is the best way to help me feel full and i know a balanced diet is important, but surely having more protein than fat is going to be better for you. I am on 1200kcal a day and i am normally over on the protein.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you have any medical conditions, especially diabetes, it would be good to check with your doctor. But otherwise it sounds fine. That makes protein 28% of your daily calories, which is generally considered safe.
  • dianneinaustintexas
    Options
    Thank you too for the excellent reply !! Laughter is good for me !!
  • dianneinaustintexas
    Options
    thanks Danni, I agree. What I am interested in doing right now is jump starting my weight loss and keeping satisfied. I do not have any health issues other than slightly high blood pressure, but that is weight related. Cut back on salt and lose the first 30 and I guarantee my blood pressure will go down.