why does my mam refuse to understand?

Options
slavetothehoof
slavetothehoof Posts: 42 Member
Evey so often my mam like to try and rub the fact in that I sleep most of the day while she is working and that she works more than me, she works 8am - 4pm sometimes 5pm (mon-fri) as a teaching assistant. I always argue back that when she's sleeping/ relaxing im working throughout the night as a delivery driver and bar maid and that I sometimes cover holiday leave at a horse racing stables (7:30am - 6pm),I start delivering between 5 & 7pm and work till 11pm / 12am (mon-fri) on a weekend I work from between 5pm - 6pm finish at 10pm and go to the bar to work 10:05 till 4am.

I don't care if I have more hours or less than her I would just like someone to try and explain how/why she would say something like that. It only ever gets said when she's drunk or annoyed or we've been arguing but I still dont understand why she feels the need to say she works more than me and that I just sleep all day while she works.

Btw I have a horse so I'm always up the farm for 2pm till a hour before I need to start work. Any advice would be helpful.

Yes I live at home. No I can't afford to move out.

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Some people just don't understand.
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    I don't understand anything :grumble:
  • coliema
    Options
    Jamie, we know. It's okay. :flowerforyou:
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Because she doesnt want to!

so stop trying to explain it to her.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Does mam = mom?
  • coliema
    Options
    Does mam = mom?
    I think so, I almost thought it meant "man".
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    MAM is far better than MOM, or MUM :smokin:
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You know you work plenty and need your rest when your not working, so just say dont be so ridiculous next time, plenty of people
    work shifts and sleep in the day, and you have no intention of doing a 24 hour day!!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you should do more to help her inside the house. I know that, when I worked overnight, I was told that the least I could do was help out when I was home. Ask her if there's anything you can do to help her out. It isn't fair if she is the only one cleaning a house that (at least) 2 people live in.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    You can't rationally explain an irrational conversation. If you work nights and sleep during the day, well, that is hardly unusual. It sounds like she is picking a fight or simply trying to annoy you. Why? Only she can answer that.

Don't feel the need to defend yourself. It is silly. Let her argue with herself.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    And I imagine that you've told her "you lay around sleeping all night while I'm working".
  • slavetothehoof
    slavetothehoof Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Rob- I do help where I can, I hoover and do the washing.

KenosFeoh - yes I have said that a few times.