Being told to NOT lose weight?

Options
Does this annoy anybody else?! Over the summer, I weighed 125-ish (I'm 5'5) and I was eating healthy and keeping track (not exactly counting calories, but just being mindful) since then, I've gained about 10 pounds. So, now I'm back to eating healthy, beginning to count calories, etc. EVERYBODY has been discouraging me! I avoid eating out because that's half the reason I gained that weight anyway, so when I don't go out to dinerr or lunch or breakfast daily with my friends (they literally eat out at least once a day) they assume I'm not eating and say things like "you're too skinny, you should be eating". They don't understand that I'm just eating better, not just not eating. Idk, I guess this is a half rant/half plea for motivation since I can't seem to get it anywhere else D:

Replies

• Streamlinedforlife
    Options
    Hey,
    Don't let anyone discourage you. Its your body and you can modify it the way you like. People just get jealous sometimes of other peoples will power. Do whatever you see fit.

35262098.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I do understand thats why I dont tell people what am doing thats why am on this site sometimes people can be so negative. People dont no what you need to lose to be comfortable. I no alot of my food choices is because I cant eat wheat I have problem with diary and so on so. Its not just my weight its also my health. So just do whats best for you .
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    1. Don't talk about weight loss in public. People don't have to support you so you might as well not bring it up.
    2. When someone invites you out, say something along the lines of "No thanks I packed a lunch" or "I'm eating in today because I'm trying to save money".
  • mamalaura187
    Options
    Do what makes you comfy. Im 5 ft 5 in also. I have ranged between 115 and 135. I love being small. Im currently 116 lbs and i am told i should not be so thin. I am within normal bmi range. My average weight is 125, so maintaining 116 is a challenge but i am comfy like this.. Dont listen to "haters"!
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    OHHH IGNORE THOSE F*CKERS!!!!

dont allow their bad habits of shovelling *kitten* into their mouths ruin your progres!!!

build a bit of muscle and when they see the six-pack your rocking, they'll change their damn attitude then and will be sniffing your *kitten* for advice about how to look so DAMN LEAN!!!!!

its human nature to put downers on other people awesomeness!!!!!!

stick with what your doing and keep being a burning machineeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!1

BOOM!!
  • WFBspantran
    WFBspantran Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The whole saving money is a great excuse, especially at school/work. The other thing I have noticed personally and with others is that those who give you the most grief for your lifestyle are often the most jealous of your commitment to success. Ignore them and move on. Summer is coming, show them why they should have taken your approach!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I understand. I've stopped talking about weight loss things offline and only talk about it when people ask me. People think that your weight gives them a license to say whatever, for whatever reason. After many moments of frustration, I've just stopped.

And I reaaaaally know what you mean about eating out and putting on weight. Nothing in the world makes me gain weight like eating out.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Maybe they want to spend time with you? I can see it from the other side. If I invited someone out to eat who is a normal weight and they told me they wouldn't because they wanted to lose weight I would be annoyed. SO... how about you suggest something like "why don't you bring your lunch tomorrow and eat with me?" or you choose a healthier place to go out to eat? This doesn't have to be every day or anything but it might help them see your side and either be supportive or stop bugging you about it.