Exercises for toning inside thighs?

Options
Hi all,

Does anyone know of any good exercise for toning the inside of your thighs? I do alot of cycling/running and have noticed that the outside of my thighs are starting to get some shape and tone, but the insides are still quite flabby and I would like to tackle this issue.

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Inner hip abduction and Jefferson squats
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Flab = fat... to get rid of the fat, lose weight while lifting heavy.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Does anyone know of any good exercise for toning the inside of your thighs? I do alot of cycling/running and have noticed that the outside of my thighs are starting to get some shape and tone, but the insides are still quite flabby and I would like to tackle this issue.

Great question, I've also been struggling with this...
  • carlz82
    Options
    Flab = fat... to get rid of the fat, lose weight while lifting heavy.

having already lost 33lb i think i'm well aware that losing weight is a key factor, but thanks for reminding me, I had forgotten this important detail!
  • carlz82
    Options

thanks! :)
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Plies are also good for inner thighs. Stand with your feet a little more than shoulder width apart, toes turned out and squat to knee level. The hard part is pulling back up (and if you do this on a hard floor in your socks, you'll really feel it!). I believe it's also called a Sumo squat.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    There are no exercises that will target fat loss in specific areas. You just need to build strength (the exercises above are perfect for that) and lose more fat, and the muscle will show through.

I'm a long way from there right now, but that's my ultimate goal. I'd like to see my abs for the first time ever by next year!
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Squats, deadlift, squats, deadlift
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options

Actually your hip abductors are primarily your glutes. You want to train your adductor group (groin...)

most gyms have an adductor / abductor machine.

There is also usually an attachment to the cable machines that allows adduction /abduction training