Favorite types of meat?

Options
I try to eat a high-fat, high-protein diet, because my reading has indicated that women function better than men do on this sort of diet. I've been doing it for a few weeks with a marked difference in how I feel. Most of my carbs come from non-starchy vegetables and some oatmeal. I've added pasta back in this week because meeting my calorie goals has become almost impossible without it. I do know that I like to have only 25-30% of my calories from carbs. That's the breakdown where I feel the best.

So chicken breast is delicious, but I'm sure I'll get tired of it soon. I also have cod fillets defrosting in the fridge right now, but I just want to know what ye who lift eat as far as meat goes. I'll take suggestions for other protein sources too. I know I should eat more beans too.

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    bacooooooon
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    steak!!! bacon!!!
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I eat ground turkey/chicken/beef/lamb. The lamb I get is pretty fatty, 26g of fat per 4oz. Same with the organic grass fed beef, 26g of fat per 4oz compared to the regular grass fed beef I've gotten which is 17g of fat per 4oz. The ground lamb is also around 340cals/4oz so that could help boost calories.
    I've also become a huge fan of lamb steaks recently. Chicken, usually dark meat, with the skin on is amazing. I like to cook it in an olive oil/butter combo. You could also wrap the chicken breasts or burgers in bacon.
    Do you like nuts, avocado? Nuts are a good choice to help boost calories. Salmon is good too, lots of ways to make that & you get your Omega 3s in. Wild albacore tuna is higher calorie than the chunk light as well.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    OK - I'm vegan by ethical choice, but my favourite meat would have to be chicken breast wrapped around with streaky bacon and baked in the oven. The smell has me drooling.

Hey - I'm honest ok!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    mussels are in season. Try them.
    They, as well as other shellfish (cockles, prawns, squid, scallops), are great with some pasta.
    You can easily find some recipes.

steak, or any beef as far as I'm concerned.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love lamb chops but they are so expensive I rarely get them. That's probably my favorite meat.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    In order of preference:

lobster
    crab
    KC strip steak, rare
    pork ribs, smoked
    Italian sausage
    shrimp
    bacon
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Not much can beat a good ribeye. (Unless you add bacon)
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Scallops. I love a perfectly cooked (or even raw) scallop.
    Oysters are a favorite as well.
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Favorite types of meat?

Yes. ^-^

I really adore lamb and bison, but they're so pricey.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    favourite meats:

sheep (lamb or mutton, not fussed, depends how it's cooked)
    turkey and chicken
    I'd love to try some kinds of wild meat but can't afford it and don't live anywhere that it's feasible/legal to learn how to catch it....

favourite fish/seafood: too much to choose from, will eat most kinds. I eat tuna and prawns most of all for convenience.but really ought to eat more different kinds of fish, considering I live a 1 minute walk from the sea....