Not sure about this... but I'm upping my calorie intake.

Options
2»

Replies

• willprovost
    willprovost Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My wife had been stuck for 1 week or so, at 1200 calories. She bumped it up and starting losing weight again. It happens.

What did she bump it up to?
    1200 to 1500.

But like the last person said, everyone's needs are different.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    So based on NROLFW and 'In place of a roadmap'... I'm going to 'try' upping my calories by about 400-500. Because eating 1200 a day isn't pulling any weight off of me. Can't believe this, I'm stressing about eating more!

I'm giving it a 3-4 weeks. If I don't see weight loss OR! the weight coming back on, (OH, THE HORROR!) I'm going back to my 1200 calories.

And yes, I am exercising... Busting my butt lifting weights, heavy ones, 3x a week and walking or some other low cardio the other days. (I'm giddy just thinking about never having to get on an elliptical every again.)

Send me all your skinny energetic thoughts, and weight loss juju!

I think you have exactly the right attitude. Self-experimenation is the best way to figure out what works for YOU, and in the end that's really all that matters. I wouldn't be surprised at all if you gain weight, but your clothing fits a lot better because you are adding muscle and dumping fat.
  • lrbassmom
    Options
    You will be eating close to the calories I eat at my weight. I gained weight-muscle- but my pants fit better than they did than when I was 6lbs less. Take your measurements now & again in a few weeks. Body fat too if you can. Even if you don't see what you want to on the scale I bet your body will be changing for the good! And I've learned that that is a lot more important than what number a scale says. :)

Good luck!

But probably the big difference between you and me is that I'm 50 and menopausal/post-menopausal...

I wish there was a modifier on the calorie calculators for those of us of a 'certain age'.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Well, according to the Scooby calculator my stats are:
    BMR - 1489
    TDEE- 2300
    < BF% - 1847

So... if I'm understanding all of this correctly. I should eat no LESS than 1800 a day? This is going to take some 'getting used to'.

Yup! It will take getting used to, but it truly works. I used scoobys calculator because it was easier for me to just pop the info in...
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    You will be eating close to the calories I eat at my weight. I gained weight-muscle- but my pants fit better than they did than when I was 6lbs less. Take your measurements now & again in a few weeks. Body fat too if you can. Even if you don't see what you want to on the scale I bet your body will be changing for the good! And I've learned that that is a lot more important than what number a scale says. :)

Good luck!

But probably the big difference between you and me is that I'm 50 and menopausal/post-menopausal...

I wish there was a modifier on the calorie calculators for those of us of a 'certain age'.

Scoobys calculator has you enter your age... they do take that into account
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a 1200 calorie diet since July. After months of working out eating my calories I saw no results :( I read the road map and decided to up my calories 100-200 a week to my BMR. After no weight loss for 4-5 months my first week of eating my BMR I saw a 3lbs weight loss lol! Since upping my calories to BMR+ - TDEE I have lost 10lbs so far in the last month :)! It is scary to up calories but it was the best advise I have been given on MFP! (love you Dan!) I also have more energy and feel better now.

Hope this helps, good luck :)!