100+ pounds to loose.... looking for buddies

Options
I just registred and decided now is the time things have to change. I don't wanna continue hurting myself with this weight. Looking for support from people mabey doing the same.

Replies

• ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I think you'll find the people on MFP to be incredibly supportive. Hang out on the boards, comment on things that interest you, and don't be shy about reaching out!

Good luck! You can do it :smile:
  • JsGordita
    JsGordita Posts: 70
    Options
    Good luck!
  • MandyC82
    MandyC82 Posts: 73
    Options
    I will be your buddy! I have about 80 + lbs to lose, and I am also starting out in my journey. We could be MFP friends!
  • ladysatin
    ladysatin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    we can definitely be buddies. i am on a goal to lose a total of 80lbs. i am almost there, but we can still be supportive to one another. i can definitely give you some tips.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Well first off Welcome !! Also CONGRATS to making this commitment! It's a huge step in the right direction :) I too have a lot to lose and you are more than welcome to add me. We have a long journey ahead of us, we'll have our ups and downs, but remember, it's ok to flub up every so often, tomorrow is a new day!
  • Skinny_Mocha
    Skinny_Mocha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I just started back up again, too. I had a huge setback and gained back about 20 pounds recently, so I'm starting fresh again. Hang in there and good for you for not giving up!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    If you need a buddy and some support, I am here too! I have about 80 pounds to go and this month is my first month of being serious. You can do it, I can do it, everyone who wants to try can do it! Welcome though!

MK
  • karrenbennett
    Options
    Congratulations on your first step on your new journey! You are definitely on the right path. There's tons of support here along with helpful advice. Make sure you record all food and drink consumption as well as exercise. It helps to determine where improvement is needed.
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP , it's a wonderful place to find motivation and support!! I have 100+ pounds to lose myself and have been here for three weeks so if you would like to add me as a friend that would be great.
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Oh and I found this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/94274-lose-5-pounds-a-month-may-2010-challenge and it helps me stay motivated! Sent you a friend req :)
  • Mspositive1
    Mspositive1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, am new here lookin for motivatiors, tired of punishing myself with food...am tanya. just trying to get thisweight of in 3months
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Me too .. over 100 lbs to lose .. we can be buddies!!! Welcome to MFP!!
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    I'll be your buddy!

I recently rejoined MFP in May, I wish I had the positive mindset I have now than when I originally started. But, it's a new day, and I have a long way to go. The support and tips here are awesome.

Good luck to you!

A friend request is coming your way!
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hey congratulations on making this choice! I have been around 2 months now. I have been heavy, awwww, who am i kidding, I have been obese since I was about 14. I started having several health issues, including a hernia, last summer. Got that hernia fixed and dang it, I got another one this January. Doc said I need to loose at least 50lbs before I have this surgery, or it will just come back again. So in January I tried loosing weight on my own, (like I hadn't tried at least once a year before), at 255lbs. I got down to 247lbs. Then my neice told me about this place in March. I started here 3/18/10 at 247.6lbs. Now, 5/19/10, 2 months later, I am at 213.8lbs. This place is amazing! The support is awesome. Why did I wait until I was 43 to start trying to loose for real? I am feeling so much better. My feet no longer hurt as much when I walk, and my scale no longer squeeks when I step on it. LOL!! Because of the hernia, my only exercise allowed is walking at 2.0mph and bike riding. So I do both, not much else. I was so proud of my accomplishment at 20lbs off, I told my daughter my weight, before hand and then. At 30lbs off, I told my husband the same, how high I was, and what I was then. Nobody ever knew. Then I posted it on here. My ticker showed how much I wanted to loose, it now shows the actual pounds I weigh. I OWNED my number, finally. I could go on and on, but anyways, WTG for joining and please accept me as a friend. I have 63 lbs more I want to loose. Thanks
  • terib67
    terib67 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    First of all, good for you!! I think we are the same age, and I have a total of 60-65 pounds to lose. I know all too well the struggles and heartache that come with being too heavy. It took over my life. I have lost a total of 19lbs right now, and I will be happy to support you and hang in there with you. You're not alone!!! Take it one meal at a time, you can do this!!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    WoW!! COngrats on your loss that's really great!!!! Huge kudos to you!
  • EASTCOASTNB
    EASTCOASTNB Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the words of support. I've accepted some buddies..not sure what happens after that....i think his is great that there is others going threw the same as you for support. Thanks for making this decission a good one :)
  • velvetechos
    velvetechos Posts: 234
    Options
    Hi! I was about to post almost exactly the same thing :) I'll send you an add request - I just started here yesterday and am looking to lose approx 115lbs.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am rather new her myself (registered last week) and would love to be your buddy! Look for an add request from me and, for anybody reading this, please feel free to add me!

GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • bdaddy
    bdaddy Posts: 1
    Options
    cheers to loosing weight :)