50 lbs lost with pics! (be gentle)

Options

Replies

• Regina4z
    Regina4z Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's a great accomplishment... smile extra hard in the mirror for doing such a great job!
  • mamacalhoun
    mamacalhoun Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Keep it up!
  • Alofrog
    Alofrog Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Keep up the great work and the great attitude!!!
  • LynetteHensley
    LynetteHensley Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congradulations on you much success it is not easy. Keep on. Great Job.
  • Ayne6246
    Ayne6246 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!!! Working 3rd shift is a killer. Did that for 30+ years. It really messes up the metabolism & sleep patterns which mess with your weight. nKeep up the good work.
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You look marvelous! Keep it up..Your optimism is contagious.

I feel as though people who start with as big of a goal as I did, or as heavy as I did don't think they can do it sometimes. I posted the pictures because I really think that my story can help motivate people with a lot to lose to really be able to focus on their health and realize that it can be done. I know that I have a long way to go, but I have surrounded myself with great friends on here, and have a great support system at home backing me up at each step.

I am really blown away by the number of comments on this post. You have no idea how great it makes me feel to see people saying that I... yeah me, am an inspiration or motivation for them.
  • dale38fan
    dale38fan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great job. Keep up the great work.
  • kjohnson754
    kjohnson754 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I see the difference. Keep on doing what you're doing, sir.
  • Dollymaker
    Dollymaker Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I can really see a big difference....amazing! Keep your eye on the prize, and congrats to you and your wife on your beautiful baby! :smile:
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Amazing results fast! Keep up the good work!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You look marvelous! Keep it up..Your optimism is contagious.

I feel as though people who start with as big of a goal as I did, or as heavy as I did don't think they can do it sometimes. I posted the pictures because I really think that my story can help motivate people with a lot to lose to really be able to focus on their health and realize that it can be done. I know that I have a long way to go, but I have surrounded myself with great friends on here, and have a great support system at home backing me up at each step.

I am really blown away by the number of comments on this post. You have no idea how great it makes me feel to see people saying that I... yeah me, am an inspiration or motivation for them.

It is a lot of work and YOU are doing it! It is inspirational! Thanks for posting the pics and story!
  • Monjon70
    Monjon70 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You are looking better and I bet feeling much better too. What an accomplishment. What an encouragement you are to me and I'm sure many others. Thank you for sharing. Good luck on your journey!!!
  • clate2013
    clate2013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!!! Great job!!!! Keep up the good, no, great, work!!!!
  • danmcgarrigle5
    Options
    How tall are you?

I'm 6'5" and at my heaviest I was 380lbs give or take a couple, but at that size a couple pounds doesn't matter. I ended up in the hospital and nearly died. Since then I have yo-yo'd because of the heath issues, I lost over 80 pounds in about 4 months, but it was because I was so sick I would spend days not eating. After a while we found medication that helped a bit and I put back on some more weight until I was about 360. I started a new diet in November to figure out what foods trigger my issues and I stayed right around 350 from thanksgiving to christmas. I weighed 350 on new years day and at my last weigh in I weighed 337

Keep it up, I'm aiming for about 280 but when I get there I'll reevaluate and see if I need a new goal

I'm 6'1" but thanks to genetics, I don't carry it as bad as some at that weight.

Yeah, I'm the same, I set my goal at 280 because any lower than that and I'd start to look sick or something. When I was in the best shape of my life I was 19 years old and 320 lbs. I worked as a sorter at UPS and was one of the best on my shift as far and strength, speed and endurance. You don't even want to know how far I could throw a tire or empty keg, or at work a 70lb bag full of small boxes.

Keep it up my fellow big man, I'm down 17 lbs since new years :happy:
  • pracktish
    pracktish Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You should be proud of yourself. My husband and I are doing this together and we also work some 3rd shifts....it alternates every week...and I totally would use that as an excuse. It's a long journey but one that is worth taking! PLEASE keep us updated, your pictures are so motivational. What things has the weightloss changed in your life, physically and emotionally? What has been some of your toughest moments...and your best moments?
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    wow, awsome job!
    Would be interested to see how many inches you've lost around the waist/tummy, massive difference in that area!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep your motivation and drive. You will hit some rough patches but keep pushing!
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    wow, awsome job!
    Would be interested to see how many inches you've lost around the waist/tummy, massive difference in that area!

I measured a week ago and have lost a total of 16.4 inches so far, almost half of those around my waist alone.
  • essenceshardae
    essenceshardae Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Kep up the good work!! Great Job!! :smile:
  • cdwilson2003
    Options
    Fabulous job! Congratulations - keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!