hangover foods

Options
2»

Replies

• jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie...if I wake up with a hangover, I go straight for the Sausage & Egg McMuffin, Hashbrowns and a LARGE coffee. Then, I make up for it by adjusting the diet for the rest of the day/weekend...ha ha!

My 2 cents ;)

Jeff @ YEG
  • gigibon
    gigibon Posts: 13
    Options
    My favorite hangover food is an egg and cheese sandwich.*

*I try avoiding a hangover altogether if I overindulge. Here's how: I take two aspirin and have two large glasses of water right before bed. If I get up during the night I have more water. In the morning, more aspirin and a can or two of Coke if I'm still not feeling all that great. It has to be REGULAR Coke...Diet Coke does not cut it for hangover dodging! If all that fails, there's always the egg and cheese sandwich to fall back on.**

**I don't really drink much anymore because the older I get, the harder it is to shake a hangover, and more tragically, the egg sandwich. It's true. Trust me.
  • tal202
    tal202 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I normally go for scrambled egg on wholemeal toast, made with skimmed milk and sometimes with a bit of low fat cheese grated in. The carbs soak up the alcohol and the egg seems to settle my tummy. Oddly enough, I also find that chocolate milk sometimes helps too, again skimmed milk and one heaped spoonful of Nesquik powder.
  • Joanneh
    Joanneh Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Boil the egg instead of frying it. Get bacon with very little fat and grill it - can you get the irish/ british type bacon rashers where you are? Because there is very little fat on them. Galtee or Denny.
    I remember from when I lived in the states all you could get was the streaky bacon and that is loaded with fat.
    I always have bacon and egg on wholegrain toast when I have a hangover and it doesn't blow my calories for the day.

I do love french fries though when I have a sore head but I just stick to the oven baked ones, not nearly as fatty as the deep fried ones.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    A gatorade before bed & one as soon as you wake up.
    Then usually toast or pancakes works for me.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    thanks to everyone who answered the question!!

for all the people who said: "cut the alcohol". is that even rational? lol. realistically alcohol is bad for you, but you tell me one person who hasn't overindulged in it, or one person who hasn't struggled to not overindulge. i'm not some alcoholic, and i will get drunk/wasted from time to time, no questions asked! some of the top athletes get wasted from time to time!

so then. gatorade and eggs for breakfast is the winner!
  • m619p
    m619p Posts: 7
    Options
    Used to be ice cream for me. It was cold and creamy which soothed my tummy. But could try frozen cool whip, lots less calories but with the same affect. It costs me too much in calories to get loaded anymore - just not worth it (for me). I've worked too hard to lose a few. Plus can't deal with the headache and tiredness anymore.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Used to be a big cheeseburger and onion rings... yeah for breakfast.... but then again on bad hangover mornings "breakfast" was really at like noon.... :laugh: :laugh:

These days if I happen to overindulge (wine goes down so easy sometimes :blushing: ) I opt for scrambled eggs and wheat toast and milk (maybe chocolate, agree with the person that said a little nesquick helps - probably the sugars?).
  • nebulas
    nebulas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie...if I wake up with a hangover, I go straight for the Sausage & Egg McMuffin, Hashbrowns and a LARGE coffee. Then, I make up for it by adjusting the diet for the rest of the day/weekend...ha ha!

My 2 cents ;)

Jeff @ YEG

I am with you on this one. However, I change it up a bit due to my diet and find that it helps AND is healthier
    - whole grain English muffin
    - 1 Egg
    - morning star breakfast patty (vegetarian sausage patty which rocks when one has a hangover) OR
    - Fakin' Bacon (vegetarian bacon which is thick, filling and great tasting but very few calories and fat)
    - Cheese

Total is around 300-362 depending on the bacon or patty.
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    more drinking! Oh, wait you said healthy.... I got nothing.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Menudo.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    i do mixed drinks so it was usually vodka and cranberry juice but then I looked at all of that sugar I was getting from the juice so I swapped to cryastal light instead... which saves me SO much sugar...then before I go to bed I drink tons of water and in the morning I have a couple of pancakes
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Someone probably already said it, but toast! or some crackers. Especially if you're feeling nauseous those always help me.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Tomato beer is the only thing that works on those rare occassions where I've woken up woozy or sickly from the booze.
    Fosters + 1 small can of spicy V8 mixed together. Hair of the Dog I think they call it?

And then white carb food to soak it up. And then a crap load of coffee.

Healthy: not so much. Maybe just some toast with peanutbutter?
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Bananas and Powerade Zero!

Not to mention advil and you'll be good as new! :drinker:
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Weed before bed and turkey bacon in the morning. Seriously :smokin:
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    Weed before bed and turkey bacon in the morning. Seriously :smokin:

:noway:
  • Deweypc20
    Deweypc20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Some people like Pedialyte. Yep.

I just drink tons of water and have to eat something.

edit: or a BLOODY MARY...best hangover cure ever, can't taste the vodka...the spicier the better (if your stomach can handle it)