Anyone recommend accurate non-chest-strap heart monitor?

Options
I want a good, accurate, heart rate monitor, but, without having to mess with the chest straps kind.

Anyone know of any good arm or wrist monitors??

Replies

• bcassill2013
    bcassill2013 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    anyone??
  • LizListon
    Options
    I use the Sportline watch from WalMart. Around 30 bucks and does a good job.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Chest straps are not that bad to work with. once I have mine on right, I don't even notice it. I have a sportline 1010 that can be used with or without the chest strap.

Mio has made a watch that continously moniters BUT it costs $200 last I checked.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Any HRM that you have to put your fingers on to get a reading is not going to be accurate for calorie burns because it will be assuming your HR does not change between readings.

What is your objection to a strap?
  • bcassill2013
    bcassill2013 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What is your objection to a strap?

Convenience, I don't see myself putting it on and off every time I work out.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    just get the chest strap. it isn't a big deal to put on
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It takes 2 seconds to wrap it around and do up the clip. It automatically syncs with the watch so there really isn't anything else to do.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Get a fit bit!
  • livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm with them. I feel like they're much more accurate than those without plus, you say you don't have to put one on and take it off every time you work out... Personally, I change clothes before and after each workout...The strap really isn't an inconvenience since I change anyway. I like mine...
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Fitbit doesn't monitor heart rate. I have read the Polar FT4 is a good choice and its only $44 dollars at Sears.com. I am looking for one too and that might be what I choose as a beginner..
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Get a fit bit!

Fitbit doesn't monitor heart rate. I have read the Polar FT4 is a good choice and its only $44 dollars at Sears.com. I am looking for one too and that might be what I choose as a beginner..
  • mminter22
    Options
    I use the Sportline watch from WalMart. Around 30 bucks and does a good job.

^^^^^
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

This and it's a lot more accurate!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

This and it's a lot more accurate!

The chest strap is what....wait for it... records your heart rate. Why get a heart rate monitor that doesn't record your heart rate?
  • tgibbons1935
    tgibbons1935 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and put mine on when I work out and it really is worth it to get an accurate reading. When I was looking for one, I was the same way and didn't want the strap, but the fact is that they aren't very accurate without the strap. I did a lot of research and decided on the FT7 because it is just a basic HRM and doesn't have any of those fancy things. good luck to you.