Looking for a Dukan Diet buddy!

Options
Hi there,

This is the second place I've posted this - not sure which is more appropriate!

I am new here and am planning on starting the Dukan Diet ASAP. I wonder if anyone is doing it or starting soon and wants to buddy up for support and to keep each other in line! I have read the book and done some research but don't plan on using the the paid for Dukan program on their website. I have used their 'True Weight' calculator and figured out how long I need to stay in each stage for so I am more or less ready to go. I will be on it for quite some time as I have about 75 lbs. to lose but am excited and hope that someone or ones of you out there are on a similar mission.

Cheers! :smile:

Replies

• jus4getit
    jus4getit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HI! I actually started the Dukan Diet today. I have 10lbs to lose and Im tyring to lose it quick. Ive done it before and it really does work so long as you plan your meals ahead of time. Feel free to follow me if looking at my diary helps with your own motivation.
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Just started reading about this. I think I might give it a whirl.
  • lena2229
    lena2229 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I began the Dukan diet on January 31, 2013, with a goal of losing 10 lbs. I lost 6 lbs rapidly, but has been "plateauing" since. I did the attack for 5 days and am now in the cruise phase. I walk everyday, now the required 30 minutes and do weights three times per week even though the good doctor advises against it. I do feel a little weak but dont want to lose the muscle I have. Today when I got on the scale I weighed 1.2 lbs more thatn yesterday, and I am 100% compliant. People say that I should have a day of eating more so that my body does not believe it needs to store fat. But Ihave not done this, though tempted to eat a few almonds. I dont want do the coaching. I'll stick it out for a few more days. According to his analysis, I should have reached my goal on 2/22, but at this rate...:ohwell:
  • JustCallMeTes
    JustCallMeTes Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey I've on Dukan too.. finally on the Cruise phase. But I've lost count of the days lol nonetheless, I'd love to have all of you as Dukan buddies. It really help to share food ideas
  • Michelleanon
    Michelleanon Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

Yesterday made the start of week 4. I did 7 days of the attack and now on the 1/1 stage of protein and protein/veggies. I have lost a total of 14lbs. Have another 50lbs to go....So far everything he has said has worked and I cheat on the weekends because I am very social so I do have a couple of glasses of red wine. Other than that I stick to the book though...Feel free to add me too...Always nice to see how it's going with everyone!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I began the Dukan diet on January 31, 2013, with a goal of losing 10 lbs. I lost 6 lbs rapidly, but has been "plateauing" since. I did the attack for 5 days and am now in the cruise phase. I walk everyday, now the required 30 minutes and do weights three times per week even though the good doctor advises against it. I do feel a little weak but dont want to lose the muscle I have. Today when I got on the scale I weighed 1.2 lbs more thatn yesterday, and I am 100% compliant. People say that I should have a day of eating more so that my body does not believe it needs to store fat. But Ihave not done this, though tempted to eat a few almonds. I dont want do the coaching. I'll stick it out for a few more days. According to his analysis, I should have reached my goal on 2/22, but at this rate...:ohwell:
    You have to figure that probably 3LBS of that 6 was water and that you've really lost 3ish LBS which is great! And keep in mind that fluctuations happen, water retention, PMS, sodium...
  • carolinagirl5846
    Options
    I'm in! On day 2. Hopefully it'll work! I have about 40 pounds to lose.
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hi!

There is a Dukan group in the community. Come on over & join us!!

Lori