Need a few brutally honest friends

Options
I've been on here a few months, and I have some wonderful, supportive friends here. However, I have found that a lot of people here worry about hurting one's feelings, or crossing the line.

I could really use a couple of friends that will be supportive, but also call me out on days that I make terrible choices. I know I'm an adult and I make those choices, but I like people that are honest. It's great to hear encouragement, but it doesn't hurt to have someone that will give a little nudge when they see that you've lost your way. I need someone to help hold me accountable.

I'm not even close to perfect, but "great job" doesn't cut it when I've stayed under my calories, but half of them were Girl Scout Cookies.......does that make sense to anyone?

** I do think all of my current friends are fantastic, though, and I greatly appreciate all of the support you give me!! :smile:

Replies

• wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Sure, you can add me, just if you could post something so I can remember that you want that feedback would be much appreciated
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I'm very supportive, but will be upfront if I know that's what you want. I want friends who want that so add me if you like.

I'm 27, from the UK, have the macros 35% protein, 35% carbs and 30% fat. If you think we have similar goals and id be a good match friend me!

Zara :-)
  • zenathabutifll1
    Options
    you can add me im always supportive and honest... sometimes we make bad choices.. and other times we just need encouragement...
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I hate when people do that! They're saying great job and I'm just thinking, did you even look? Because I know that that was not a great job. On the other hand, whilst I am brutally honest and would tell someone, I tend not to because I think it's a bit hypocritical of me to be criticising someone else's diary when I know mine is hit and miss. So I can do that if you want, but I just know if it was me and it was someone who was less than perfect criticising me I would call them on it and the whole effort would be wasted. So if you don't mind a hypocrite calling you out on bad food choices then sure, add me :-). Lol.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Your dog looks stupid in that Christmas elf sweater thing.

How's that? Do I get the job?
  • Caletagirl
    Caletagirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree. A kick of honesty shouldn't hurt anyone. We are all in the same battle on here. I'll add you :)
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    If you can give the same in return Id happily help you out :) I don't like pulling punches =P
  • Caletagirl
    Options

The dog doesn't deserve that ;)
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    You can add me if you would like... I will give you positive feedback when you have earned it, but will kick your (virtual) *kitten* when you need it.. I don't have room for hurt feelings on this journey...
  • AngryDiet
    Options

IT'S NOT THE DOG'S FAULT!

Well, it could run away.
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Like I’ve said before I don’t need things sugar coated I had enough of that on the donuts I use to stuff in my face daily!!! I need real encouragement & support!!
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    So nice to see that there are still a few adults around here that are not afraid of some "unpolished" and direct words.... So, add me if you want.
  • Caletagirl
    Options

IT'S NOT THE DOG'S FAULT!

Well, it could run away.
    It might like to keep warm! He/She is in the xmas spirit!
  • Jojan_neke
    Jojan_neke Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey!

You (and other people who are honest!) can add me! I need a good kick in the butt once in a while! It keeps me alert :)
  • amjo2693
    amjo2693 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am pretty new to this site, but am always brutally honest. Feel free to add me too!
  • katebigue
    katebigue Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I'm in the same boat you are in. I need those kicks in the *kitten* every so often.
  • kaileecha
    kaileecha Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HI Jenn ...I could definitely use the same thing. I'm actually new on here. Just started my 2nd week. I didn't realize we could have a community blog! I think this is great. It'd be great to get to know some other people who are being health conscious and hopefully swap some healthy recipes and exercises.

As for being honest, I would love for someone to tell me I made a horrible choice for eating chips on a day I didn't work out! I would definitely do the same for others. Is there a way to have a "friends" list on here? I'm not really sure how all this works yet.

Anyways, I hope this opens up the door to meeting great, supportive people!
  • step132
    Options
    Absolutely! Feel free to add me - always looking for friends who are really invested in this journey! Plus I need my own butt kicked every once in a while. :)
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I totally agre! I see some of my friends eating all sorts of crap and I try to comment on that while other people are saying good job for being under calories....Hello? they just ate Mcdonalds for breakfast and lunch how is that a good job? Same thing goes for under eating. Add me if you'd like and anyone else that wants the same.
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    It also occurs to me that perhaps you should be seeking both brutally honest and vaguely competent at safe and effective weight loss.

Opinions are like...