PiYo?

Options
Hi everyone!
I love PiYo, but don't know how many calories I burn during an hour session. It's not listed when I go to put it into my workout, and I can't find much online. Does anyone know how many calories you burn during an hour session?
Thanks!

Replies

• WonderNoodle
    Options
    Yoga is in the database. I actually wear my Polar HRM to class. I'm 5'5", 39, 201lbs....in an hour of class at basic/intermediate level, I on average burn 300 calories.
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Your best bet would be to wear a heart rate monitor to be sure you're getting an accurate count for your workouts.
  • beachgooloo
    beachgooloo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use the yoga calories, just to be safe... some of the girls in my class say they average about 300... BUT we do it after turbo kick, so it may be higher. So, that's why I just use the yoga calories --- to be safe. :)
  • SerenaRT8
    Options
    Body Flow says it burns about 390 calories in a 55 minute class and in my opinoin Piyo provides more cardio than body flow and really gets the heart rate going at times. I would say at minimum 300. My instructor said that per her body bugg she burned on average around 380 in our 45 minute class.
  • charmlle
    charmlle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal, when will you add PiYo to your database!!! It is way more popular than some of the other things you list. Please do it! I love your app still! But it would be even way better with that new exercise added.
  • ldylion
    ldylion Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes please add PIYO...
  • pagermain
    pagermain Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes, please add PiYo. It's an amazing full body workout, with stretch, strength, and balance all incorporated. When I'm done I always feel great-always warm, energized, and yet relaxed!
  • shawnambm
    shawnambm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    please add piyo!
  • devadollroberts
    devadollroberts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree to add PiYo! LOVE IT and haven't a clue how much I am burning. :/
  • ssudderth
    ssudderth Posts: 1
    Options
    Another request to add PiYo to your exercise database...
  • dmsunder
    dmsunder Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would love to see PiYo added!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Please !
  • MrsHunni86
    MrsHunni86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please please please add PiYo!!!! How is it supposedly supposed to count if we cant add it!
  • ghottamale
    Options
    Please please please add Piyo! Piloxing and TRX too ;) oh and Barre!
  • cella52
    cella52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! Add piyo and bar!!!!
  • AnnColvinSmith
    Options
    MyFitnessPal, when will you add PiYo to your database!!! It is way more popular than some of the other things you list. Please do it! I love your app still! But it would be even way better with that new exercise added.
  • JulieBGK
    Options
    yes, please add piyo...wayyyyy more intense than a hatha class!!!
  • higaseaver11
    Options
    Please add PIYO - it is a great workout
  • melphx1
    melphx1 Posts: 1
    Options
    i plugged in estimates for combat based on others input but dont know if they're accurate. would love calories for each of the piyo workouts too!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I just assumed the OP spelled Plyo wrong. lol