Darn you Wii Fit!

Options
WeepingAngel81
WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
I bought a Wii Fit the other day and was so exicted to start using it....until I stepped on to the thing. It went through it's whole body scan thing, mesured my center of gravity, asked me if I trip when I walk.......how does it know me so well? Then it gave me my Wii Fit age. Now, before I offend anyone I don't think that 43 is old, but damn, I'm only 31. WTH?!?!

What's your Wii Fit age?

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    My Wii Fit age is different everytime I step on the Wii Fit, it all depends on the day and how I'm feeling. The Wii Fit has guessed the correct age for me a bunch of times, which is good.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    My Wii Fit age is different everytime I step on the Wii Fit, it all depends on the day and how I'm feeling. The Wii Fit has guessed the correct age for me a bunch of times, which is good.
    Mine told me I was obese. I asked if it could fly...
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Mine would say "Oh!" everytime I stepped on it like I was hurting it or something..... :frown:
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I use mine as my scale. My Wii fit age moved from right around my age on average to about 10 years below on average last fall. I stopped checking it and just weigh in now. One of my goals is to always be in the 'normal' weight (I was in Obese when I started). I am hovering right at the edge - need to lose about 3 more pounds to not get the overweight now and again.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Mine would say "Oh!" everytime I stepped on it like I was hurting it or something..... :frown:
    Mine does that too!
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options

That's what I hate about the Wii Fit. I step on, and it says in this cheeky little voice, "That's obese!" Hey, man. I don't comment on you or your funny looking body shape. You're a goddamn Wii Fit board. So shut up. D:
  • hintc
    hintc Posts: 15
    Options
    haha - i wouldnt put much 'stock' in your wii age - dont even do the full assessment 90% of the time ! Just use it to work out at home and keep track of your success - wiis dont always understand a woman's sensitivities ! :) oh, and when i use the wii - i have to have my music pumping - its not motivating enough ...
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Yeah.. my Wii Fit age was once twice what my real age. Shame. Lol
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options

I HATE that it does that. I mean WTH is that all about. I don't need to hear that.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options

That's what I hate about the Wii Fit. I step on, and it says in this cheeky little voice, "That's obese!" Hey, man. I don't comment on you or your funny looking body shape. You're a goddamn Wii Fit board. So shut up. D:

I mean seriously! The little creep is square for crying out loud. I'd much rather have curves thank you very much!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Mine does that too!

Every once in a great while, it will say Great! instead. I swear it happens more often for my skinny partner!

My Wii age fluctuates a lot, but it has only once been higher than my actual age. I have excellent balance, but my reactions are bit slow for some of the games.

Some day, it won't be able to tell me that I am obese, but that day is still several months away. In the meantime, I am getting close to my first goal! I set it at the lowest it would allow, so I think that will be 10% of my starting weight. It is kind of cheating, though. I started using it the day after we got back from a road trip and I was bloated with visibly swollen ankles. I waited a couple of days to weigh in for MFP.
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    OH Man LOL..... I thought I was the only one that wanted to be a smart aleck to the darn thing... It even adjusted my person to show my Obese to me... Like I needed that... I want the skinny one of me up there so I know what I am shooting for LOL :)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    OH Man LOL..... I thought I was the only one that wanted to be a smart aleck to the darn thing... It even adjusted my person to show my Obese to me... Like I needed that... I want the skinny one of me up there so I know what I am shooting for LOL :)

Just tell it that you are a foot taller;)
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Mine had told me I was in my late 30s. I had just turned 24 at the time. I am gonna go home and test it since it's been a while.
  • bricktowngal
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! That's one thing I will not be buying!
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    Yea the first time I ever stepped on my Wii Fit it told me I was obese. I was almost sure it was looking for a fight...
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    It gives that "Oh!" when I step on it, even though it also is trying to tell me that I'm a little underweight at the moment. (reached my goal,trying to get six pack abs for the first time ever). I've always had a terrible sense of balance, so last time I did the wii fit age, it told me I was 61--I'm 42!
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    lol, mine always asks me if I trip when I walk too. It's funny b/c I'm awful at the balance games in the Body Test, but I get almost perfect scores in the yoga, so apparently my balance is fine then.
    My Wii Fit age varies too.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    the japanese are trolling you all
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    When I had my Wii, I was 34 or so and it told me I was almost 50. Thanks for reminding me I had a good reason to get rid of it.