what am I doing wrong

Options
the last 3 days I have doen so great with my diet and have burned at least 300 calories a day somedays more and I weighed in today and it said I gained 1.5 lbs, do you think im drinking too much water maybe and thats showing on the scale cause I have been drinking like 12-18 cups a day

Replies

• tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    the last 3 days I have doen so great with my diet and have burned at least 300 calories a day somedays more and I weighed in today and it said I gained 1.5 lbs, do you think im drinking too much water maybe and thats showing on the scale cause I have been drinking like 12-18 cups a day
    Too Much salt.
  • bzeisig
    bzeisig Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing in at a different time of day? I don't think it would be the water. Maybe trying to step up your exercise program. Try adding some strength training or at some hand weights to boost the intensity. I had the problem as well and I boosted my exercise and I'm doing much better now.

I am also eating more fresh veggies not so much the fruit, because of the natural sugars. I seriously have seen a difference in my waist line by adding a low carb yogurt with fiber one cereal mixed in per day and an apple to end my evening. Hope this helps!!!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    taking the scale too seriously. We go up/down 2 lbs for no reason at all. weight yourself once a week at the same time/day- preferrably first thing in the morning
  • markmatthews12720
    Options
    your scale might need to be calibrated, or you may just need to go to the bathroom,
  • kris_root_2014
    kris_root_2014 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Are you taking your measurements? I was bummed that I didn't lose any weight, in fact I gained a little, but I was also measuring. I felt better after measure because I lost on average an inch on every location!! Must be building some muscle and losing the fat. Maybe that is what is going on with you? Also, I only weigh myself first thing in the morning. I get up and go to the bathroom. Take off my pj's so that I'm only wearing underwear. That way it is the same every time I weigh in. Your weigh fluctuates throughout the day, so it is important to do it at the same time every day. I do it in am because I heard that was the best time. Good luck and keep going!!
  • litljoy2001
    Options
    I do always go over my protien and fiber but usually im very good with my sodium and surgers, I just started adding weights in so maybe its just my body adjusting to that. thanks for all the tips and advise
  • litljoy2001
    Options
    I weight in first thing in the am right when i wake up and go potty, naked everytime
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Try not to put too much in to it if you are weighing more than once a week. You can naturally fluctuate several pounds. Rely more on a general downward trend and take your measurements if you can. Also, remember that one bottle of water is enough to make you gain a pound. You will temporarily weigh much heavier if you haven't had enough time to flush all that water out.

Edit: I had a temp gain of about 5 lbs when I started using weights. It went away in a couple of weeks. That may explain the increase too.