any 5'6 women out there?

Options
SW: 157lbs
CW: 137lbs
GW: 121lbs

I'm looking for some 5'6 women who have the same sort of goals as i do or who have achieved their goals and how they did it?

My arms and legs are looking better since my 20lb drop and have had a few comments from people saying i dont need to lose anymore but underneath the baggy tops is a large and flabby tummy, it's completely out of proportion to the rest of my body and have been advised that i cannot spot reduce fat so i need to keep on losing and it'll eventually go, so with that, i set my goal weight to 121lbs and hopefully then it'll be gone.

any pictures / success storys / advise appreciated :)

Replies

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    5'6
    CW: 130...keep going between 128-132 around in there
    but would love to be under 120 again...
  • gennafer731
    gennafer731 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Depends on your frame not just your height. I'm 5'6" but I have big hips and boobs so even when I was very skinny in high school I was 125. 121 seems pretty low to me unless you are a very slender frame and a teenager. If you are having problems with belly fat at 137 I suggest you stop working on your weight and start working on your overall stats. Basically worry about how you look and not the pounds. You can't target fat areas but you can tone and strengthen muscle groups. You can try doing more core/ab exercises than cardio. You should also be careful of what you eat. Junk food can contribute to belly fat even if the rest of your body is healthy and slender, especially after your 20's. Hope this helps :)
  • tnt7787
    Options
    5'6
    SW: 150
    CW: 146.8
    Goal: 130, but would love to be back to 125

I've been going back and forth on these same 2 pounds for a couple of weeks, but I upped my cals to TDEE -20% so my body is still trying to get used to that.
  • arnfolly
    arnfolly Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 6". I am 148# and a size 6 in my jeans and a 6/8 in dresses and dress pants. My goal is to get down to 135/140 this summer. :)
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I think your weight is about right for your height & age. As already said, I think you need to concentrate on your body fat% number instead of the scale number. You could try strength training and lift heavy with fewer reps. Something like Stronglifts, Starting Strength or NROL4W. Ensure you also eat correct amount of calories to fuel your body for the lifts and especially ensure you get lots of protein and it will assist in reducing your body fat and will change the shape of your body.
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6.5 and I posted my story here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/815749-ladies-don-t-be-afraid-of-lifting-heavy-pic

I started out (pre-MFP) at 140 (up 20lbs from my "normal weight" at the time).
    I am currently around 125lb, working on adding muscle. My original goal weight was 120, but I don't think I need to get that low, especially with added lean mass on my frame. My jeans from 5 years ago (120lbs), fit - actually I need a belt with them and I am 5lb heavier. Its all about body composition.

It was a combo of eating the right amount of things and exercise.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6.5 and I posted my story here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/815749-ladies-don-t-be-afraid-of-lifting-heavy-pic

I started out (pre-MFP) at 140 (up 20lbs from my "normal weight" at the time).
    I am currently around 125lb, working on adding muscle. My original goal weight was 120, but I don't think I need to get that low, especially with added lean mass on my frame. My jeans from 5 years ago (120lbs), fit - actually I need a belt with them and I am 5lb heavier. Its all about body composition.

It was a combo of eating the right amount of things and exercise.

^ Listen to her!
    I saw her squat form video the other day, I don't believe she's 125lb. Because of her lifting, she looks like she's under 120.

I'm 5'6.5" and about 140lbs ( I don't weigh often since I don't care)

When I first started I wanted to be 130lbs since at 17, I was 128 lbs.
    But I had no muscle & I didn't eat.

I don't think I look like I weigh 140lbs.
    A coworker/friend thinks I'm 130lbs.

Don't focus on the scale.
    Lift and you'll see the improvements you want
  • apickles1978
    Options
    i am 5'6, thick hips.
    SW 155 this time
    CW 160, since working out, I actually have gained!
    GW 130

size 10/12, size 8 shirts. needless to say I hold all of my weight in my hips, butt and thighs!

looking for help, motivation and pushing for other!