Help me turn this day around

Options
Today has gotten off to a terrible start! In a moment of weakness and feeling down I decided having cookies this morning instead breakfast was a good idea. When I binge like that, while I know its wrong, my first inclination is just throw the whole day under the bus and eat like crap all day (I'm an emotional eater). Hope I can turn this day around...

Replies

• ferrahcn
    Options
    It's ok !!! just add it in your calories and go back to your healthy menu of the day!! YOU can do it!!!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with eating cookies once in a while?:huh:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Just plan the rest of your eating for the day. I have learned very recently (yesterday lol) that if I don't have an eating plan for the day, I do lots of unplanned (bad) eating.
  • reneequinn
    Options
    Today has gotten off to a terrible start! In a moment of weakness and feeling down I decided having cookies this morning instead breakfast was a good idea. When I binge like that, while I know its wrong, my first inclination is just throw the whole day under the bus and eat like crap all day (I'm an emotional eater). Hope I can turn this day around...

We all have those days. Especially us emotional eaters. having a few cookies would not be classified as a binge unless you ate a whole bag. I find that when I give myself a hard time for being bad then I do what you suggested give up amd throw the whole day away. I did that for 3 days straight and realized at this rate, I was never going to stop being bad. Now when I want something sweet, I have the cookie. I'll let myself have 1 or 2. I make the decision ahead of time so I eat it slow and savor every bite rather than gorging myself with a dozen cookies and feeling guilty as hell.

You are human and as long as you allow yourself to be human you will get through it. And this all plays tricks on your mind.

This is my "weight Loss Plan" NOT my "diet" Everything you eat is a diet. As long as I think if it that way, I can cope. Best of luck.

Renee
  • Jewelforyou
    Options
    What's wrong with eating cookies once in a while?:huh:

Nothing normally but almost 700 calories worth of cookies instead of a proper breakfast is a bit excessive.
  • Jewelforyou
    Options
    It's ok !!! just add it in your calories and go back to your healthy menu of the day!! YOU can do it!!!

I actually did do that immediately afterwards, so at least there's that!
  • Jewelforyou
    Options
    Just plan the rest of your eating for the day. I have learned very recently (yesterday lol) that if I don't have an eating plan for the day, I do lots of unplanned (bad) eating.

Sadly, my breakfast was actually planned. I had brought the food to work with me like I usually do and everything. The cookies weren't even for me...I made them yesterday for my nephews and set aside a few to give to friend that I'm going see later tonight as I know he really likes them. Then something just came over me...
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    Just don't dwell on it... Don't throw the day under the bus!!! Eat a healthy lunch and dinner, add a little exercise and the cookies are forgotten. Drink all your water and remember, tomorrow is a new day. All is not lost and we all have moments where we lose control. I did it Saturday night while out of town hanging with friends, ate 1000 cal over my allowance and didn't really exercise and I still had a good loss... You've got this!!!!
  • dmj28
    dmj28 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I doubt there would be many of us on here, if we hadn't done the same thing, many times over. Quit beating yourself up, it only creates more negative energy. I'd agree with others, eat more nutritiously the rest of the day and put in a good work out to counter the damage. ( both physical & mental)
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Don't get your spirits down, you can easily make up for your over indulgence. May I suggest doing something like this: http://youtu.be/3Y5jHlVzFtc
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I recently read an article that said a study was done of people who ate chocolate cake for breakfast and those that didnt. The people who did were more likely to resist sweets during the rest of the day and lost more weight because they felt like they had already had their dessert and didnt crave it later.

Don't let the fact that you lost control at breakfast keep you from doing well the rest of the day. Slips do happen, but remember that you can do better and you will.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters! Look at the positive side...at least it was morning time and you have all day to burn off those calories! Just change your way of thinking! I was getting ready to jump in the shower and not exercise today, but instead...I turned off the shower...did my 20 minutes zumba dvd and 30 day shred and feel great!!
    Don't get down on yourself! It's ok to splurge every now and then!! :drinker:
  • Jewelforyou
    Options
    Thanks everybody.

Now I'll just have to break the news to my friend that I ate his cookies :)
  • s07civic
    s07civic Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone has "junk" food once in a while. I had a whole box of Skinny Cow in two days last week. Was it a smart decision? No. Will it probably happen again? Yes. Will it completely ruin my weight loss goals? NO. Just remember that the next meal or snack is a NEW meal/snack. Try to just eat as healthy as possible and get to the gym. But overall don't be too hard on yourself. Maybe binge in something else--read a magazine or go on your favorite website or something.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody.

Now I'll just have to break the news to my friend that I ate his cookies :)

Good luck with that.