Darn you Wii Fit!

Options

Replies

• tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My Wii Me was "plump/fat" after a weigh-in before, I'm pleased to say my virtual spare tyre has gotten smaller - as has my real one! My Wii Fit age has been anything from 15 years younger than I am to 20 years older (yes the younger days cheered me up and the older ones made me want to launch the damn thing out the window!)
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Mine would say "Oh!" everytime I stepped on it like I was hurting it or something..... :frown:
    Mine does that too!
    Don't worry it does that for everyone (at least I think it must, because it did it to my 29 pound 2 year old).
  • lilteepot
    Options
    I get even by telling it that NO, in fact I DO NOT want a fitness tip. And it sulks. And I feel a teensy bit better out of spite.
  • traceyfunk
    Options
    I've been anywhere from 22 to 66 (I'm actually 44) - it just depends on how well I balance and pay attention to the directions for the test...

I dream of the day my mii jumps up and down and claps rather than looking down as it blows up into a balloon and boldly declares "that's overweight!"
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I spend most of my time with dancing or party games, so it's probably been 1-2 years since I used the actually Wii Fit Plus game (do use the board for other games though). I do remember laughing my @$$ off when I did the assessment and it made my Mii look like Snoopy's brother Olaf (see image below). Now that I've lost 15% BW, I need to run it again to see whether my Mii gets noticeably skinnier.
    seven_peanuts_03.jpg
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I don't know how accurate that thing is. It guessed that I 27 when I was 33 (I'm 35 now). I don't use the Wii for fitness...my son uses it to stream cartoons on Netflix. I just do my own workouts or I use a couple workout vids from Jillian Michael or some of the fitness stuff I have on the Xbox 360.

I'm thinking Wii Fit's age estimates are based more on our balance (strength in our legs, core, etc.) and other extraneous factors. I'm freakin' fat (286 lbs currently...and that's AFTER I lost 100+) but I also still have a lot of muscle (former athlete...never really stopped lifting weights even when I had gained so much weight) so perhaps that explains my "youthful" balance (read: strength) and the Wii's resulting inaccurate age designation.

Anyway, don't pay too much attention to a mass-produced gaming system to diagnose you...just use it as a tool for fun exercise.

Good luck! :)
  • Chanelle10Nicolle
    Options
    Mine would say "Oh!" everytime I stepped on it like I was hurting it or something..... :frown:

Mine did this!!!

Thought I was hurting the poor thing!!!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    My wife's Wii Fit gives me a wide range. The last time I stepped on it though it said my age was 21 (I'm 34). I now refuse to step on it ever again, because that makes it true forever.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I get even by telling it that NO, in fact I DO NOT want a fitness tip. And it sulks. And I feel a teensy bit better out of spite.

I totally LOL'd here. I just want to tell it to F-off!
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have not been on my wii fit in a long time, but it used to grunt everytime I stepped on to weigh! How is that supposed to make me feel better!
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love the Wii Fit stuff. When I did mine...I was 28 years old at the time...and it gave me a fat unhappy avatar and said I was 44. Boy did that motivate me to get my big butt in gear...although it seems to have the opposite affect on most people.
  • hahaaha oh I'm absolutley howling!!!!

I too refuse that fitness tip just to make the wii feel MY pain at it crying "oh" at me !!!!

My scale on it seems to be a bit dodgy so I tend to only follow that as a guide!!

last week I gained 7lbs in 1week and then the following day I'd lost 10lb ....hmmmmmm :huh:
  • sammama5
    sammama5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Haha! I agree! However, after a couple of weeks of adjusting to the games and how it measures and scores everything, I am usually around -8 or 9 years. My Mii keeps checking out her butt to see if it's shrinking. It cracks me up. SOMEDAY it will tell me I'm a healthy weight. However, that may be a while b/c I'm not really a typical body type and I really do have "big bones."
  • lumstead0317
    lumstead0317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who thought he was a rude little jerk telling me "Oh!" like I was hurting it!!!

Did anyone notice when you tell it no it like slumps over in defeat?
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who thought he was a rude little jerk telling me "Oh!" like I was hurting it!!!

Did anyone notice when you tell it no it like slumps over in defeat?

Yep.....my moment of victory. Take that sqaure little jerk! I said no...now what?!?!
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Mine keeps telling me it's been a long time since it's seen my ex husband:noway: I have offered to take it up to the penitentiary, but highly doubt it will make it past the guards:laugh: .

My wii age is diff every time! I don't remember the last one??
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options

yep mine too! I haven't done the fit test in a loooooong time. so i don't know my wii fit age. but the last time I did measure I was indeed obese. I am NOT anymore!
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I spend most of my time with dancing or party games, so it's probably been 1-2 years since I used the actually Wii Fit Plus game (do use the board for other games though). I do remember laughing my @$$ off when I did the assessment and it made my Mii look like Snoopy's brother Olaf (see image below). Now that I've lost 15% BW, I need to run it again to see whether my Mii gets noticeably skinnier.
    seven_peanuts_03.jpg

Laughing out loud really!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I've hit 19 a couple of times, but usually 20-21.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    LOL, you're all cracking me up.

I guess I'll pass on buying that thing... I have enough self-esteem issues as it is:tongue: