Sedentary or Lightly Active??

Options
I walk to and from work each day although its only a 15 minute walk each way, i also work in retail so im standing all day. I however do not work out yet, so what should i set my profile to? I started out on lightly active but i wasnt losing any weight so i switched to sedentary and im losing but im not sure if im eating too few calories? I currently weigh 168 and im 5'5, 25 years old and my calories are at 1,380 a day!

Any help would be awesome!

Replies

• Abi_bug04
    Options
    I just recently started to use the TDEE/BMR method and absolutely love it!
    It let's me eat to my fill (!!!!!) and also makes me very aware of what I am putting in my body!
    I was referred to the "spreadsheet" which does all the calculations for you (you just need to put in your exercise amounts for the week, and it calculates the net amount of calories you should be eating.

You can download it from here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/heybales/view/spreadsheet-ver-3-for-bmr-tdee-deficit-calcs-macro-calcs-hrm-zones-426221

I generally stick to the "simple setup" tab because it is straight forward. I may go into it a bit more and tweak it once I have lost more weight, however for now I am sticking to that! I then just manually change my MFP settings to the target indicated by the spreadsheet. Afterwards, I don't add in any exercise, unless I do something absolutely intense. I thought that this method took away the uncertainty of wondering about how many calories were right for me based on my activity level!

Just another option that makes all of this simpler!

Good luck!
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    If you are losing, you are probably doing it right. Even if you are lightly active, BMR calculation (unless measured by a professional) is an estimate and can vary from person to person. It is important to adjust until you find something that works for you.
  • muggs1090
    muggs1090 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump