When it's that time of the month ladies?

Options
:ohwell: I have lost a lot of weight in the last couple of years. Then I got pregnant and this time around it's been hard. I have been doing good the last few weeks and then Boom! My lovely monthly came and I can't find the motivation to get up and do my workouts. :( Ugh! Any advice? Please feel free to add me because any and all motivation is truly accepted :) Thank you

Replies

• jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    When my cycle hits, the first thing I remind myself is that my cycle comes slower and shorter when I exercise. ;) Maybe I'm just lucky in that respect, but it's generally enough to get me off the couch. It really does help with cramps though, if nothing else. AND it improves my mood, which my husband appreciates. ;) Just start slow and give yourself a time limit or calorie burn limit. Even going slow is better than doing nothing. :)
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I generally tone it down a notch from my normal exercise on the heaviest days. I figure ANYTHING is better than NOTHING, and like jennmodugno says, it does help with the mood swings. I'll go for a moderate-paced walk (between 3.5-4mph) instead of doing a workout video or do some relaxing yoga instead of my normal power yoga (although this can be dangerous depending on how heavy your flow is :embarassed: ). I figure 2-3 days of lighter exercise won't kill me, and it's better than sitting on the couch eating hot fudge sundaes and snapping at my better half every 5 minutes
  • jendraka
    jendraka Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I use to workout during mine, but I just don't bother now. At least I haven't for a while, though it may change. I think my adjustment to Paragard may be finally leveling out. At first though...workouts were definitely not something I worried about at that time. I don't worry about it all that much; I don't usually bother to weigh myself around that week either. Messes with my whole body :p
  • 4sachaarm
    Options
    I read that you some women burn more calories and loose more during there cycle when working out! Idk if that's true but I understand where your coming from, my cycle started 2 days ago too and i am a little sluggish and I crave more sweets so I have decided to workout twice a day this week, like 1 hr in the morning than 30 min in the evening, space it out some it helps me!
  • mizzred4
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I just find it hard to workout because of the flow and I can't get motivated because of feeling so sluggish. I always walk so I think I will continue with my walking and maybe just do some strength exercises with my weights for the next day and hope the flow will slow down a bit to do more. :)
  • minsch
    minsch Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    TMI ALERT.....Super Plus Tampon....Overnight pad.....eat a piece of chocolate and GO! I will have about 30 minutes before I have gone thru everything and that is just enough time to get a good walk or run in! Once you get started the slugishness goes away and you will feel so much better when you are done.