Whats the best food to eat at a mexican restaurant

Options
2»

Replies

• XLMuffnTop
    XLMuffnTop Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The place my husband and I frequent is a bit of a dive but they have the BEST carne asada. So I just get one or two carne asada tacos which is a corn tortilla, meat, cilantro, onions and lime. Then I just get a side of charro beans. Not too bad so long as you go a tad lighter earlier in the day.

Now I want Mexican food. :(
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Can't go wrong with a chicken taco salad...salsa for dressing. Or fajitas with 1 or no tortillas is what I usually do.
    Actually, you can go VERY wrong with "taco salads" if there's a shell that you eat, or guacamole, or sour cream...

But yeah, if you're careful, a taco salad can be good.

I usually get tacos, or fajitas.
  • fairbanksk
    fairbanksk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    We don't have any Mexican restaurants around here. All these posts sound amazing so I'm pretty glad we don't have one! Lol. X

I would have to move.... can't live with out it.
  • skyline2055
    skyline2055 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    if you go to a real mexican restaurant the answer is nothing lol .. no such things as "taco salad"

the only thing i can think of is a fajita platter.. but all you'll be eating is meat
  • akuhn0927
    Options
    Mexican food is not healthy and very fatning it is not a good idea to put fat in your body :cry: :sad: :brokenheart: :mad: :angry: :angry: :explode: :noway: :ohwell:
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajitas minus the tortillas and rice. Ask for black beans instead of refried and skip the chips
  • dorasworld
    dorasworld Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    As someone mentioned earlier @ a real Mexican rest. there is no such thing as "Taco Salad" thats prob El Torito/Chipotle food but not Mexican!!

Go to your nearest 'hole in the wall' restaurant and you'll find the best Mexican food.

Best plates to mention when ordering (theyll understand you):

- Bistek Ranchero
    - Sopes/Huaraches
    -Tacos de Buche
    - Flautas
    - Huevos Rancheros

I can go on but yeah:yawn:

Feel free to add your local Mexican girl "me":drinker: