excersize and hunger

Options
Does execersizing make you more hungry? Often after the cooling of from excersize I am extremely hungry which not eating back cals impossible. Any suggessions in how to curb appitite after excersize?

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I tend to find I am hungrier the day after a large amount of exercise. Exercise tends to curb my hunger for a short while.

Are you not eating back your exercise calories? If you aren't, start eating them. Also, ensure you are actually eating enough throughout the day and getting enough protein, fiber and fats.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I generally eat to curb my hunger after exercising.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    This is a question that only Captain Obvious can answer. If he doesn't show up, perhaps we can find a 5th grader. They're fairly good at common sense....
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    IT SURE DOES, coming from a gal that does 2 to 3 hours cardio a day!
  • Andrew_peter
    Andrew_peter Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am finding that it is for me.

I was managing fine for for my first month with no cardio and only weights and not eating anything back. But since starting daily cardio last week I think I will have to start eating at least some of those calories back. Just getting too hungry during the day no matter how I spread or condense my meals out, and it's starting to have an impact on energy levels for working out too.

Starting to be a firm believer in listening to what the body is telling me!!
  • lumstead0317
    lumstead0317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    why aren't you eating back cals??
    I don't workout in the morning because then I'm starving all day...
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I am less hungry after exercise. But many hours later or the next day I am very hungry.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Eat back your exercise calories then. That's what they're there for ;)
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    ive had the problem too, even when my stomach is OBVIOUSLY full, i still feel hungry. something to do with satiety hormones ive read so you do have to be careful with over eating at this time, but you do want to eat something after exercise.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lrsnzdBKye1qafrh6.gif
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    IT SURE DOES, coming from a gal that does 2 to 3 hours cardio a day!
    ...:noway: ...
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    ned to eat more complex carbs before the wporkout. BUt yes it will make you ungry.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I am less hungry after exercise. But many hours later or the next day I am very hungry.

This is how I am. I will eat back my calories over the next couple of days actually since I can't normally manage to eat them on THAT day - but I do eat them eventually ;)
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Zahid, whoever told you not to eat back your exercise calories was wrong (and mean!).

You exercise, you get hungry because your body has used up fuel, you eat to refuel your body.

If you are using MFP properly you will 'earn back' calories when you log them, so the amount extra you need to eat when exercising should be easy to see. Simply log your food and exercise on MFP and eat the calories it tells you. Simple!

I often find I am not hungry at all for a couple of hours after exercise, but usually get hungry later, so I eat then.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Eat back some calories. You worked out, you're going to be hungry.
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    Finish off with a tough core session then your tummy will hurt too much to put anything in it
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Finish off with a tough core session then your tummy will hurt too much to put anything in it

:huh:
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options

:tongue:
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    This site is designed for you to eat back your exercise calories.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    does exercise make you hungrier?

4672294711_a0ee529253_z.jpg