17 day diet accountability partner~

Options
Hello!
I'm looking for someone to do the 17 day diet with through texting. I want to have someone willing to help keep eachother accountable and to **Take pictures of every thing you eat** with me and send it back and forth to be accountable. :) If you'd like to start this with me, please let me know! :) Preferably someone female around my starting weight but it doesnt really matter! I'm starting at approx 260 pounds. Also looking for feed back from anyone who has done this challenge. :) Let me know how it went for you!

Replies

• tolliver2004
    Options
    I would love to do it!!!!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I would love to do it!!!! I am starting Dr. Oz's clean program today! Starting weight 225lbs hoping to lose 60lbs. Let me know and we can exchange numbers!! I am excited!!:smile:
    no.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Why don't you two pair up and just eat healthy? Throw in some exercise that you will enjoy enough to do it 3 - 4 times a week. All the gimmicks in the world will not get you to your goal. If they did - there would not be a new gimmick every minute. Nothing happens that fast.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Why don't you two pair up and just eat healthy? Throw in some exercise that you will enjoy enough to do it 3 - 4 times a week. All the gimmicks in the world will not get you to your goal. If they did - there would not be a new gimmick every minute. Nothing happens that fast.

exactly this. 100%.
  • kaekencoffee
    kaekencoffee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sorry trogalicious, but the 17 day diet really does work. I watched my daughter drop over 50 pounds on it. When she gains 5 pounds, she goes to cycle 1 and drops it off. It happened very quickly for her and it's staying off. Just saying...
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'll gladly be a "healthy eating" accountability partner with you, but I don't believe in "fad" diets... Or anything endorsed by that quack Oz.
  • determinedbutlazy
    Options
    Sorry trogalicious, but the 17 day diet really does work. I watched my daughter drop over 50 pounds on it. When she gains 5 pounds, she goes to cycle 1 and drops it off. It happened very quickly for her and it's staying off. Just saying...

Have you SEEN his weight loss ticker?
  • trogalicious
    Options

Have you SEEN his weight loss ticker?
    Let them believe in whatever miracles they want. when they come back in six months adding the same questions, I'll still give the same answers. the difference is that I'll still be losing, getting faster, and getting stronger. oh, and having beer, burgers, and plenty else. some folks choose to not learn. others adapt and overcome.
  • trogalicious
    Options

Since I can't edit my last response (silly 30 minute window) I'm just gonna add that the "I eat baby powder, vodka, marshmallows, and paint thinner" diet could work too, so long as I'm in a caloric deficit. I choose to not follow that plan, eat a good balance of healthy foods and some other really enjoyable stuff in moderation, and I'm still losing weight.

If you want to jump on board some sort of ridiculous fad, that's fine.. but what happens when you can't remember what to do on a certain day? Not a problem here, since there's no ridiculous schedule. Eat good, eat enough, and exercise... it's not a complicated formula.

Don't believe my ticker? That's cool too. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/885191-153-lbs-in-365-days-pics
    there's pics to go with it.
  • runningfataway
    Options
    I would love to be your accountability partner. I'm not doing any fad diets either. Just eating clean, with increase of proteins and decrease of processed and sugary stuff. Let me know. We can send images of our water intake and various "healthy" meals too!
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It's funny how some people get a superiority complex after they lose a bunch of weight. Why are you trying to prove to us with pics that your ticker isn't lying? Okay, so you lost 150 lbs, so what? That makes you no more qualified to tell others what will an will not work for THEM.

Get off your high horse man

I dunno what the 17 day diet is, I'm not a huge fan of "diets" myself, but the op is obviously serious about this and didn't ask for your amazing weight loss story or advice, just a buddy who's also interested in giving the diet a go. What difference does it make to you? You think being rude to her is going to change her mind?

It's not

Good luck, OP
  • trogalicious
    Options
    It's funny how some people get a superiority complex after they lose a bunch of weight. Why are you trying to prove to us with pics that your ticker isn't lying? Okay, so you lost 150 lbs, so what? That makes you no more qualified to tell others what will an will not work for THEM.

I dunno what the 17 day diet is, I'm not a huge fan of "diets" myself, but the op is obviously serious about this and didn't ask for your amazing weight loss story or advice, just a buddy who's also interested in giving the diet a go. What difference does it make to you? You think being rude to her is going to change her mind?

It's not

Good luck, OP

I'm not responding to the OP.

There's absolutely, positively no superiority complex here. If anything, I hate seeing people waste their time on doing something the hard way. Also, losing 150 lbs does indeed deserve a "so what."

For your information, I friended the OP and have absolutely nothing to offer but help if people want it.
  • iliveintheshire
    Options
    My husband lost 50 lbs on it. It didn't work for me. Too hard. Friend me if you want tho!
  • determinedbutlazy
    Options

It's not

Good luck, OP

You sound hungry.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

It's not

Good luck, OP

I didn't read this as being on a "high horse" or in any way rude. He has obviously been very successful. He only wanted to share with others that you can eat regular foods, exercise and lose weight. You know, there are people on this site that want to help. Following the fad diets and the "Drs." that make so much money off people is everyone's choice. The bottom line is weight loss is hard. It means making meaningful changes in your lifestyle. Something made us all fat. If people can hear these voices of reason early on - you will not be me - 54 and just now finding out how this HAS to be done. No ifs, ands, or buts. If all these gimmicks worked - the forum would be FULL of people who had been successful. Sadly, they are not.
  • tolliver2004
    Options
    Trogalicious::::
    I am not familiar with the 17 day diet. But I can be an amazing accountability partner for her if that's what she needs. Dr. Oz's plan is just clean eating which is probably what everyone is doing to lose weight anyway. Eating more fresh fruits and vegetables and less or no process foods. I can't speak for anyone else but I felt like your comments were rude and unwarranted. If you want to give advice that's unsolicited, try something positive.

Losing over 150lbs is a major accomplishment and a lot of hard work. I am sure you tried things that worked and somethings that did not. However, you lose your audience and no one cares about your weight loss when your attitude is jacked up. So next time, keep your comments to yourself if you can't give positive encouragement......................
  • cetsumi
    Options
    Hey everyone, thanks for all the feedback! I like the positivity and negativity of it. I never really looked at it as a fad diet but now I can see the good and bad about it. I bought the book anyways and im gonna look at the meals as ideas and stuff. I like the concepts and im gonna follow some of the rules and probably modify it . The partner thing is still up there, welcome as a group too :) I just dont know how to eat healthy and i feel like trying this will make me eat new things and maybe find things i like. So im gonna try the first cycle i think and see how it goes :) I dunno, Im in class so ill post more after lol I have more I want to say
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options

It's not

Good luck, OP

You sound hungry.

Haha, I wish! I have big troubles making my daily calorie goal :(

Alright, Reading back this post it does sound a bit harsh. I'm just pretty tired of hearing people who have lost weight bash other methods of weight loss simply because it's not the same route they took. I guess when I read the terms "ridiculous fad" and something about people wanting a "miracle" weight loss solution, I read it as condescending. Diets DO work for some people, you can't deny that. And another part of his post seemed to insinuate a certainty that the diet would not work, or that the person would immediately gain the weight back.

I agree with the fact that it is important to be informed about the realities of "fad diets" and health concerns/false claims. To tell someone that they are ridiculous or miraculous might be a bit much though. What works for some will not work for all. Sometimes the only way to know is trial and error.

This is my opinion, feel free to refute!
  • cetsumi
    Options
    I agree with you :) Thanks for your awesome point of view! <3
  • Teamshoemaker1
    Teamshoemaker1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your accountability partner, but I am just eating better and going to the gym. It would be nice to have someone help motivate me and for me to motivate them :)