Pah you women have it easy for clothes! :)

Options
So the wardrobe I bought a month or so ago no longer fits. My trousers are now 5 notches on the belt and look silly. No problem I thought, I'll just downgrade as I have done all the way through my weight loss..... WRONG!

I pick out a pair of chinos I like and go through the whole rack... not a single 30" waist. 'Hmmm ok nevermind' I thought, 'I'll pick the second best'...[rummage rummage rummage] 'hmmm no 30" in this rack either. I'll try my third choice'....[rummage grumble rummage moan] hmmm no 30" either'.

So now I'm on a mission.... I go through EVERY SINGLE RACK of trousers and there isn't a size 30 on ANY rack (10 racks in total and the closest is the 32" I'm already wearing) :mad:

Now you ladies seem to be able to go down to size zero and still find what you want so I'm officially going into a childish strop and I'm going to whine all day long that isn't fair :laugh:

Replies

• mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: have ye tried the kiddie section :laugh: :laugh:
  • fitzio1015
    fitzio1015 Posts: 168
    Options
    yeah i wish that were true,... they never have the size i need when i go to buy them..... i thought it was guys who had all the luck...lol
  • Rachelicious
    Options
    Do you have a Kohl's where you live?!
    My boyfriend wears a size 30.. we can always find nice jeans there. Walmart also carries some nice Levi's in a size 30.
    If you want to be thin.. you might just have to go a little out of your way to find some nice fitting jeans. :P
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    Don't get me started on how "easy" we have it :explode: :laugh:

Don't you hate that. Its like "did EVERYONE else loose weight and is now wearing the same size I am???"

Us girls really don't have it that easy. A size 10 at one store is a 14 at another, So you think you have lost weight and are a 10 and then you are back to bigger sizes, really adds a blow to the ego. You men have it easy that a 30" inch waist is a 30"inch waist ;)

But on the bright side, you are loosing :):flowerforyou:
  • Awne
    Awne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You could always do a Simon Cowell and belt them up around your chest ;)
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    LOL thanks for the smile!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    My 16 year old son has a 29 inch waist. Good luck finding those too... And he's 6'2" (1.8meters I think). I cannot find anything in his size. I've managed to buy online a 30"waist 34" inseam, but those are skimming the tops of his shoes. He grows even a little more, and I'm not sure what we'll do. Besides buy a bigger waist and a belt, anyways....
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    Thats not always true. My experience is that they have 20 of each sizes 2,4,6 but absolutely nothing over size 12,14.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You're so wrong! Try being a BBW shopping for clothes! And don't get me started on bra shopping young man! :tongue:
  • fitzio1015
    fitzio1015 Posts: 168
    Options
    You're so wrong! Try being a BBW shopping for clothes! And don't get me started on bra shopping young man! :tongue:

good point about the bra shopping
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Ha!! Try shopping for a swim suit!!!! Agony!!! I shop alot on line and for pants , the big bucks I know, Macys is the best.
  • mattie5
    mattie5 Posts: 4
    Options
    The GAP is the perfect place to get all your smaller sized items.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    You could always do a Simon Cowell and belt them up around your chest ;)

That's funny! :)
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Haha, I don't know if women have it easier, but I will say that we usually have way more options than men! I had a boyfriend who was a 29 inch waist, and needed a 34 inch inseam...needless to say shopping for him was not easy!! My advice to you is if you have stores that you love the clothing from, then check online at their websites. Although the sizes aren't always carried in-store, you can almost always find a wider selection of sizes and lengths online. Good luck, and congratulations on a new and healthier you!
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    Ha!! Try shopping for a swim suit!!!! Agony!!! I shop alot on line and for pants , the big bucks I know, Macys is the best.

I went Christmas shopping in Macy's last year and it was AMAZING! even there they did tend to have mostly X-large but I could find of what I wanted.

I think I should go again to re-stock my wardrobe :laugh:
  • nikbrown
    nikbrown Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Actually my wife has a very difficult time finding professional clothes. She has always been somewhere between a 0 and 2 and is 5'9" (don't get me started on her great genetics). Just try finding a womans suite in that size! The only stores that carry anything in her size are teenie bopper places!

She ends up ordering 90% of her work clothes online from Victorias Secret of all places.
  • evanlyn
    evanlyn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a theory about this... Whatever weight I am, like you, I can never seem to find the item I like in my size. I think it's because I'm looking at different styles depending on my weight. It's probably the same for you chaps. What appealed to the size 16 me probably appeals to other size 16's because it's a flattering style or comfy shape but might not appeal to someone who is smaller, so the big sizes sell out. Likewise, as I've moved to smaller sizes and I'm looking at things that might show off bits that I would never have wanted to draw attention to in the past it always seems that only the big sizes are left on the rack. Probably because larger ladies don't want them.

At least men have sensible sizing based on proper measurements. Us girls have no idea what size we need in the first place. Just what is a 12, 14, 16, etc? No two shops use the same sizing!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    You men have it easy that a 30" inch waist is a 30"inch waist ;):flowerforyou:
    Not true, the vanity factor is in effect in men's clothes as well. I measure 34" around the waist at the hipbones, honest measurement with just a little suck-in. I'm sitting here in 32" waist carpenter jeans - regular fit not relaxed fit,,, and they ain't tight.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Simon, I understand your frustration. Last year I was trying to find a nice pair of dress pants for my son for Christmas and couldn't believe I couldn't find a single pair of men's slacks with a 30" waist! My son wears a 30 waist/34 length and they are impossible to find. I think he can find that size in jeans but I couldn't find that size in slacks at all. I was so frustrated!.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Simon, I understand your frustration. Last year I was trying to find a nice pair of dress pants for my son for Christmas and couldn't believe I couldn't find a single pair of men's slacks with a 30" waist! My son wears a 30 waist/34 length and they are impossible to find. I think he can find that size in jeans but I couldn't find that size in slacks at all. I was so frustrated!.

I generally find that dress slacks for men have smaller waists than they say. My 30w/34l son was able to find a 32/34 in black dress slacks that fits him fine.