the bitter end and boy is it bitter! haha

Options
cinfaro
cinfaro Posts: 131 Member
I have lost 68 lbs! I need to loose 17 more pds to be at my goal weight!!! I am stuck!!! Been the same weight since November. Although it feels great to maintain it is so frustrating not to loose. Trying to think about what I have achieved but eager to achieve what I have not! Bitter end is bitter sweet!

newcomparison_zps747a50eb.png

Replies

• Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    WOW!! you look great!!! Congrats!!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look fantastic! I too have been stuck since November, and I still have a ways to go. It is frustrating!!
  • Delilat21
    Options
    Wow you look amazing and certainly don't look like you need to lose 17more pounds! Well done!!!!!
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Wow...great transformation!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK HOT!
    WAY TO GO!
    just shows with some dedication and hard work what you can do!
    CONGRATS!
  • lockmand
    lockmand Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Those plateaus are the pits, I have been there and hated it. Just know that if you continue the hard work, it WILL show up! Just a few minutes more of exercise did it for me. You might try that, or a switch in the workout routine even.
    Donna 155
  • cinfaro
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! :) It is has definitly been hard work!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Nicely done...the last pounds are tough...your body just want to hold on to some energy surplus just in case. How many Lbs per week are you shooting for? Are you using MFP method or TDEE method. I use TDEE and when I got into the 20 or less pounds to go I switched my goal to TDEE -15% from -20%...this roughly is equivalent from going from 1 Lb per week with the MFP method to .75 Lbs per week...I will dial it back down again when I come within 10 Lbs of goal for a nice smooth landing. It seems to have worked to bust through my little stall I had. It's a bit slower now, but at least it's happening again.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing and certainly don't look like you need to lose 17more pounds! Well done!!!!!

^^^ this

did you base your goal weight on body fat percentage? That's a lot more accurate at telling you if you need to lose more fat or not. You can't tell what weight someone will be healthy at from their height alone.

in other words, you may be closer to your goal than you think

and a fantastic transformation, very inspiring :flowerforyou:
  • cinfaro
    Options
    Hang in there! Those plateaus are the pits, I have been there and hated it. Just know that if you continue the hard work, it WILL show up! Just a few minutes more of exercise did it for me. You might try that, or a switch in the workout routine even.
    Donna 155

I feel like i have tried everything. I think this is the part when people give up. NOT ME though I have worked too hard LOL
  • cinfaro
    Options

^^^ this

did you base your goal weight on body fat percentage? That's a lot more accurate at telling you if you need to lose more fat or not. You can't tell what weight someone will be healthy at from their height alone.

My body fat is within normal limits for the first time in my life. I have this set number in my head of what I want to weight and I keep trying to tell myself that the scale is not the most important but in the beginning that was all i knew with the weight loss. Does that make sense?
  • cinfaro
    Options
    Nicely done...the last pounds are tough...your body just want to hold on to some energy surplus just in case. How many Lbs per week are you shooting for? Are you using MFP method or TDEE method. I use TDEE and when I got into the 20 or less pounds to go I switched my goal to TDEE -15% from -20%...this roughly is equivalent from going from 1 Lb per week with the MFP method to .75 Lbs per week...I will dial it back down again when I come within 10 Lbs of goal for a nice smooth landing. It seems to have worked to bust through my little stall I had. It's a bit slower now, but at least it's happening again.

I woudl be happy with a 1/2 a pd at this point...even an ounce hahaha! What isTDEE method?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

^^^ this

My body fat is within normal limits for the first time in my life. I have this set number in my head of what I want to weight and I keep trying to tell myself that the scale is not the most important but in the beginning that was all i knew with the weight loss. Does that make sense?

that's great that your body fat is in the healthy range :smile: the healthy range is quite big so if you're at the top of the healthy range, you can still lose more body fat and be healthy and look more lean. You have to take it very slowly, because once your body fat is in the healthy range, it is harder to lose fat. Most people advise aiming for 0.5lb a week at this stage, it's slow, but this way your muscles and bones stay strong.

keep trying to change your thinking, the scale is *not* the most important measure, body fat percentage is, and what you look like in the mirror is even more important than that. The scale can't distinguish between muscle and fat, it can't distinguish between a small frame and a large frame. Body fat percentage tells you how much fat your body is carrying. I've seen transformations where women end up 5-10lb heavier but at a smaller dress size, and the difference is that they went from maybe 28% body fat to 20% body fat, i.e. more muscle and less fat. I don't have any pictures of this, but it's very inspiring to see, and also helps to change from a scale weight focused mentality, to a what I look like in the mirror and how my clothes fit mentality.
  • luv86elle
    luv86elle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!
  • cinfaro
    Options

^^^ this

that's great that your body fat is in the healthy range :smile: the healthy range is quite big so if you're at the top of the healthy range, you can still lose more body fat and be healthy and look more lean. You have to take it very slowly, because once your body fat is in the healthy range, it is harder to lose fat. Most people advise aiming for 0.5lb a week at this stage, it's slow, but this way your muscles and bones stay strong.

keep trying to change your thinking, the scale is *not* the most important measure, body fat percentage is, and what you look like in the mirror is even more important than that. The scale can't distinguish between muscle and fat, it can't distinguish between a small frame and a large frame. Body fat percentage tells you how much fat your body is carrying. I've seen transformations where women end up 5-10lb heavier but at a smaller dress size, and the difference is that they went from maybe 28% body fat to 20% body fat, i.e. more muscle and less fat. I don't have any pictures of this, but it's very inspiring to see, and also helps to change from a scale weight focused mentality, to a what I look like in the mirror and how my clothes fit mentality.

This totally makes sense to me because when I tell people what I weigh they think I am lying! I am wearing a size 6 dress and weight 162. Its crazy!!!! Sometimes the mind cant handle it.
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    People always say the last few pounds are the hardest...I've not expereicned this as I havent made it to the last few pounds, lol,
    but you look great!

Good luck knocking it out!

18895238.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cinfaro
    Options
    People always say the last few pounds are the hardest...I've not expereicned this as I havent made it to the last few pounds, lol,
    but you look great!

Good luck knocking it out!

18895238.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

That is definitly what I am doing...knocking it out! I like that! Thank you! :)
  • kaaabney
    kaaabney Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing. So what are some pointers and advice you can give to us needing to lose 60 pounds. What are some of the things that really helped you along the way? Thanks in advance and try not to focus on the scale. Like all the others have said, you are in the normal range and that is the main goal! Congrats
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Fantabulous!
    :flowerforyou:
  • cinfaro
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing. So what are some pointers and advice you can give to us needing to lose 60 pounds. What are some of the things that really helped you along the way? Thanks in advance and try not to focus on the scale. Like all the others have said, you are in the normal range and that is the main goal! Congrats

I exercise alot! And I absolutly recommend Jillian Michaels. I lost my first 30 lbs using her Shred video. Also, I drink TONS of water! I also gave up soda completly. I have not had a sip since March 7th :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!