Hello, fitness buddies!

Options
My name is Leonor and I'm 18.
I've decided to sign up to myfitnesspal so I could discuss with you your thoughts and motivation regarding your personal experiences on getting healthier.
It's been less than a week since I started exercising and eating healthier. This is not my first time trying to do so, nor the second... so I will need lots and lots of motivation to continue my new lifestyle, because I'm doing this for my health.
I weigh 58kg (128lbs?) and my height is 1.62m (5' 4''?). I don't consider myself fat, it's just that I'm tired of having a flat belly and thighs... so I'm a little bit "afraid" of establishing a goal weight because that's not what I want to achieve. I want to have a toned body, and I know that muscle weighs more than fat, so I'll probably gain weight.
I do have one question: what should I eat before a workout? I've been eating muesli and fruit, but I've read today that it's not the best idea to eat fiber before.
I'm hoping that this time I'll stick to my new healthy choices! I'll surely need your help.

(I'm sorry if I've spelled anything wrong. English is not my first language)

Leonor

Replies

• ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Eat good quality carb source before working out. Have something like oatmeal and a banana for breakfast. I run and lift weights and am trying to gain weight so I eat about 600 calories before I leave for the fitness center and the to work straight after. You body is fueled by carbs. Added sugar is the enemy. Eat lots of whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    you probably want to read " The new rules of lifting for women"

lot of great tips on becoming toned and meals and thing of that matter.

also any of the health mags have great options for meals and snack

self.com
    womenshealth.com
    oxygen.com
    fitness.com

all are great with breaking down meals and workouts for problem areas.
  • LorLalala
    Options
    Thanks to both of you!