How do you get rid of the flabby skin and loose fat??

Options
I haven't lost a huge amount of weight in a very short period of time. I've lost 30 lbs in about 10 months but I didn't workout while doing it, so maybe that's why I now have some loose skin/fat mainly around my triceps and inner thighs.
It's really frustrating as you may imagine.

Have any of you experienced this?
Is there anything I can do to "tighten up"?

I workout 5 days a week since 3,5 weeks back doing a mix of cardio and strength training. Some people say the skin/fat will become tighter in time but is there something I can do to speed up the process?
I'd appreciate some advice!

Replies

• kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    There's not much you can do but to keep lifting. I would look into strength training 5-6 times a week and layer cardio on that. It will take some time though, but that is your best bet.

I lift as heavy as I can and I think it's definitely helping me and I have quite a lot of excess skin.

Good luck!
  • AhlaWahda
    AhlaWahda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    There's not much you can do but to keep lifting. I would look into strength training 5-6 times a week and layer cardio on that. It will take some time though, but that is your best bet.

I lift as heavy as I can and I think it's definitely helping me and I have quite a lot of excess skin.

Good luck!

Hello!
    Thanks for your response!
    I used to lift weights before but I felt it's not for me because I got bored and stopped going after a few weeks.
    But now I do aerobics which I love. You know it's dance moves, running and push-ups, sit-ups etc.
    Do you think this exercise is enough to tighten the skin?
    Will time heal it? It's not a lot but it's still flabby when I shake my arms. :-(
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Triceps are tough ... I definitely have "bingo wings" unless I really focus on specifically moves for my triceps.

tricep dips, tricep presses, and tricep kickbacks

http://exercise.about.com/library/blbestricepsworkout.htm
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Good luck!

Hello!
    Thanks for your response!
    I used to lift weights before but I felt it's not for me because I got bored and stopped going after a few weeks.
    But now I do aerobics which I love. You know it's dance moves, running and push-ups, sit-ups etc.
    Do you think this exercise is enough to tighten the skin?
    Will time heal it? It's not a lot but it's still flabby when I shake my arms. :-(

I don't think it is enough, I'm sorry. I wasn't sure what was so great about weights, but once I was lifting enough to make a difference and saw the changes, I was in love with it! I love seeing how heavy I can go (which is only like 17 lbs! LOL!) Work your triceps for the arms!
  • AhlaWahda
    AhlaWahda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yes, when I've reached my goal weight and I still have that flab I will have to go to the gym again.
    And if that doesn't help I'll have surgery because I won't accent it grrrrr!
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Check out bodybuiling.com.

It shows you exercises for each body part with short little videos to show you.

It also has nutrition and weight training programs etc...products...

That site is my bible for everything.