no weight loss even in 2 weeks

Options
despite of trying a good healthy diet and proper 1hr Yoga practise, i am still unabale to loose even a single KG in 2weeks.what could be the reason behind this???

Replies

• RomanaW
    RomanaW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The balance between calories out and calories in is not right. You either have to adjust you calories allowance down or exercise more. I don't lose weight if I eat my exercise calories which is frustrating but it is the only way for me to lose weight. Don't give up!!!
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    How do you look and feel? Is there any change in the mirror?

I recommend a weekly photo log. when you results in pictures, it's far more motivational.

It's tough to see the changes when you see yourself every day, you need the pictures!!
  • Gemz321
    Options
    have you been measuring and counting the calories? Maybe although your eating healthy food choices, your portions might be too much which would cause no weight loss.
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    No dear, i am eating very less calories than my allowed calories. i am allowed to take 1200KCal per day but i am taking 600-800KCal per day and doing exercise as well but still of no use:(
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    You are eating way too few calories. Your body metabolism turns off when you are too low. It does that because it thinks it is starving(which it is).
  • LadyBirdGo
    LadyBirdGo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm the same age as you and female and I also had the same problem. I felt terrible because it had almost been 3 weeks and I hadn't lost any weight. I just weighed myself this morning and I lost 2 lbs. A lot of people don't see a loss in weight until at around around 3 weeks. Also remember there is a lot of water retained with that weight.
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I didn't see any results until my third week in, and even then it was minimal. Wait a month before thinking something is wrong. Also, you should probably eat the full 1200 cals.
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It is likely starve mode as previously posted. You need to up your calories and eat at least the minimum 1200.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Go here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Figure out what you actually should be eating. I'm guessing based on your stats with 10 kg to lose that you are not very overweight if at all, yet told MFP you wanted to lose 2 lbs a week. You need to actually eat enough to support your body or yes your body will adapt and metabolism will slow down. Also with so little weight to lose, you probably need to choose a less ambitious goal like 1 lb a week or a half pound a week.

Two weeks is not a lot of time. It can take 1 to 2 months to see if your eating plan is actually working. Water/hormones etc can mask weight loss. If you just started working out, your muscles will often retain extra water to repair themselves.
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    well thnks all of you for your motivating comments and i am delighted that some of you are having same problem as mine ;P
    Anyways would let myself eat about 1100-1200calories and then lets see what happens after a month....Hope i'd see some changes (if not huge but atleast 3-4lbs a month)