Zumba

Options
I love zumba but have recently ended my gym membership and i'm looking to find some zumba DVD"s that aren't crazy expensive. Anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chollingshed74
    chollingshed74 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba also...if you really want to save, go to youtube...they have tons of Zumba classes on there AND you can create your own Zumba playlist...I have several and they last for 1 hour...you can make the playlist as long or short as you like :)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Check ebay or Amazon and look for the older version. It's relatively cheap since there's a newer version out there.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If you have an x-box console and a kinect you can get zumba video games that watch your movement. They are super fun and a good workout with pretty decent music for dancing to. The best part is just being able to do it in your living room, and you can mix up the routine on the video game where as the dvd will always have the same sequence of songs. I do want to try the dvds still.
  • daisiesinmay
    daisiesinmay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you have a Wii or an xbox kinect there are zumba video games. I have been doing Zumba Core on Kinect for about the last month and have found it helpgul, and cheaper overall when you count months of paying for classes.
  • sanarabrock
    sanarabrock Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree about using the kinect if you have it. The Zumba Rush has tons of tracks, three different intensity and class lengths. It's about $30 which really saves you on gym fees in the long run, and it's awesome!
  • bmtmom03
    bmtmom03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Also check with your local community centers. I have some in my area that do Zumba classes for free.
  • ashley11284
    ashley11284 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We do have a Wii so maybe i'll checkout getting a WII game.. I wish we had a kinect those look like fun:)
  • Ms921
    Ms921 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Go to you tube i Google zumba and millions of videos pop up i add a few to my playlist and it is like taking a ZUmba class. My favorite zumba instructor is cesar who has a youtube page, i believe his id on it is Cesarzumbachile check him out i hope this helps =)
  • turbojam_rocks
    turbojam_rocks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I bought the whole dvd set plus weights at walmart for 90 dollars..
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Go to you tube i Google zumba and millions of videos pop up i add a few to my playlist and it is like taking a ZUmba class. My favorite zumba instructor is cesar who has a youtube page, i believe his id on it is Cesarzumbachile check him out i hope this helps =)
    I am going to see if I can find this. I never tried Zumba but would like it at home. I am the least graceful person on the planet!
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Bumping for ideas!!
  • Safati
    Safati Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love WII Zumba core, 35$ from Costco you can count your calories and it fun:drinker:
  • marylowery2
    marylowery2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been using Zumba from You Tube, and they are really good.
  • julieparent
    Options
    This is kind of unrelated, but how many calories to you burn aprox. for 1 hour of Zumba?
  • Oxendine2
    Options
    Try the video games for xbox and wii..you can buy them used..assuming you have the game stations.
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    This is kind of unrelated, but how many calories to you burn aprox. for 1 hour of Zumba?

It really depends on your exertion level...I use a HRM and sometimes burn 400 and sometimes 700. One instructor I loved had a lot of jump squats and other high intensity, athletic modifications you could make. Other ones that are more dancy, with less squats, lunges etc don't burn as much, but they are still a great workout!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Depends. You'll burn more if you're REALLY doing it vs. just kinda going thru the motions. It also depends on your weight. A HRM would tell you better, but I weighed about 165 (5'3") when I did it and it was roughly 500-600 calories for the hour. I was sweating like a barn animal when it was over :tongue:
  • sjanney007
    Options
    I agree with the youtube idea. There is an instructor from Hickory NC that has some really great routines I think.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You might call around and see if there are any Zumba classes in your area that do not require a gym membership.

I go to a Zumba class at a gym that does not require me to be a member to attend the class. I just pay $4 per class to attend.

There are also classes in my area that meet at churches and cost very little, like $2 or $3 per class. Sometimes there are even free classes (there's at least one in my area I know of).

I have gotten all this information from www.Zumba.com, by searching my zip code and then calling for more detailed information.