new here

Options
Friend I met online told me about here so I joined. Need to lose weight in the worst way. I just can't get motivated...I LOVE food and here in Texas so does everyone else! Weakness is seafood and mexican food and we have mexican food restaurants on every corner. Single mom and I'm whooped when I get home, it's easier to take me and 3 teenagers out to eat than it is to cook at home and make everyone happy! LOL
If anyone is in Spring, Tomball Woodlands area on here...I NEED someone to go with me to 24 fitness, I don't think I could walk in there alone. I have a gift card to join, just can't bring myself to walk in there looking the way I do.

My name is Beth btw :)

Replies

• slrprncss88
    Options
    Join your local YMCA and bring your kids and IPOD! Thats what I did. Also, get a Weight Watchers 101 Best Quick & Easy Recipes book. It's all great and VERY YUMMY food that takes like half hour or less to make. And this is practically gourmet food. Best thing ever! Trust me!
  • flizzy78
    flizzy78 Posts: 2
    Options
    hello there all,

I joined this site yesturday, hope everybody is achieving there goals, i have joined here so i can keep an eye on my weight as i stopped smoking 11 weeks ago on Sunday comming and have noticed i have put on a dress size, which in all fairness i know is not a massive amount but if i dont do anything about it now i will double me size in a year lol. Getting very dishearted tho as i have been to the docs today and although i have killed me self in the gym for 5 days a week for 3 weeks i am stilling putting the weight on. I am so tempted to smoke again xx
  • JustGizzy
    JustGizzy Posts: 38
    Options
    Welcome Beth and glad you decided to join..I think if you give it time and keep trying you will find that weight coming off before you know it..If I can do it anybody can..I know what you mean about food. I to have a weakness for sea food, anything I see I eat..lol I also love the Mexican food as well. Good luck and I sure hope you find somebody here that lives close and will join you in your journey..

Hugz
    Giz
  • JustGizzy
    JustGizzy Posts: 38
    Options
    Welcome Flizzy78, Hang in there and don't give up on that smoking...Its a tough thing to do but you can do it. Don't let weight casue you to go back to smoking cause you are beating a dead horse there both are bad for you and IMHO smoking is worse so as long as you keep an eye on things and you got a jump on it you will do fine...If your working out that hard my guess is the gain your looking at isn't fat its mussel and that's not a bad thing...So hang in there and let your body start to heal from the smoking.,

Hugz
    Giz:smile:
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    A big welcome from an Illinoisan... LOL :happy:
    My daughter moved to the San Antonio area last year and LOVES Texas!

This site provides you with the tools; and if you can provide the motivation and perseverance, then I GUARANTEE success!
    Peruse the site and be sure to get yourself into the habit of filling in the daily diary. It will help you to develop an eye for what you should and shouldn't eat, and what your portions should look like. I set out to HOPEFULLY lose 5 or 10 pounds - I couldn't even allow myself to dream past that, but now I'm back to a weight that I was 35 years ago! I'm enjoying it to the hilt, but I'm still thinking that IF this is all just a dream, then I hope no one wakes me up!! :laugh:

If you have any questions, there are lots of great supportive people on here....
  • Garcialynne
    Garcialynne Posts: 33
    Options
    I understand the teenagers I have 2 and they would rather eat out then at home...as well my hubby is mexican and he loves that kind of food..makes sense and he loves to cook it...but I have made them all aware of what I am doing...and that I will succeed so they have to put up with me. I also work full time and have to be at work at 7 am so I am tired when I get home but if u start exercising you will find that you will have more energy at the end of the day. Just start out with small steps...and the next thing you know it will all be working for you...smalls steps become bigger steps.. We are all here to help as well

Lynne :flowerforyou:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a wonderful site, you will find so many wonderful tools to help you and the support is amazing. Lots of great recipes also.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a wonderful site, you will find so many wonderful tools to help you and the support is amazing. Lots of great recipes also.