The Evil Green Sweats - Part 2

Options
It’s been a month since I posted about the Evil Green Sweats, and I must say I feel fantastic! I've only lost about 2 pounds, but the hubby and I have been eating healthier and working out together and honestly, it is so much fun!

We started the “Insanity” workout DVD’s about 2 weeks ago. If you don’t know what that is, the title pretty much sums it up. And even though we originally thought otherwise, it hasn't killed us yet. The fact that we accidentally started on month 2 instead of month 1 didn't help much…

I get frustrated with myself when I’m too big to do the workouts properly, but the hubby keeps telling me that we’ll get there. It’s still really hard, but the feeling I get when we’re done is amazing! I didn't think I would ever be proud of myself again, but now, every time I finish a workout, I feel a small sense of accomplishment. And the scale which used to be my ultimate enemy, now tells me I’m winning.

I know I’ll have to get off “Cloud 9″ eventually. That I’ll hit a plateau and losing weight will get harder. That eating healthy won’t be as much fun as it is now. That there will be days when the hubby is not so encouraging. But for right now I’m loving being the fat girl winning!

Replies

• kimimila86
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss so far!

I totally get what you mean about being too big to do proper form. I struggle a lot in some classes at the gym because I can't do what everyone else can do yet, whether it's because I'm too big or I'm not strong enough to support myself... Sometimes you have to stop thinking and just do it. With more practice and patience, you'll get there! :drinker:
  • jenfoxjercha
    jenfoxjercha Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You will get there if you keep working. I promise from experience. Sit ups and push ups...you could forget that when I started. Doing anything longer than 5 minutes and I felt like I was going to die. I can now get on the bike or do the elliptical for 40 minutes. I am finding that I can move in directions that I couldn't before.
    This weekend I was at a scout function with my husband and picked something up to move it. He looked at me and said "you would have never been able to do that two years ago." I didn't even think about picking it up.
    Great Job!! Keep it up!
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud of yourself! The fact that you're trying Insanity is inspiring! It's not an easy work out, and you do have to start somewhere! I started out the fat girl too and when I bought P90X, even I thought I was nuts!

Good job and keep it up!!
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Your progress is AMAZING!

Insanity is not an easy workout. I scares me a lot! You should be proud of yourself every time you hit "play"! Great job!
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    AMEN! And just now I read what was on a poster's pic--it said, "Don't let what you want get in the way of what you want most." Every time you decide for health--what you want most here--instead of whatever junk is getting to you at the moment, it feels so good. I wonder why it's so hard to get going?????? I've been doing not-so-pretty-hot on the decision making regarding when I've had enough lately and keep reminding myself how good it feels to get it right. You go girl! Lead the way!