Starvation?

Options
After completing my daily diary for food, it states that I may be eating too little... I want to lose weight but also improve my eating habits. I have started watching what I'm eating the past week, even more now that I am getting back into my logging routine. I don't feel hungry though. Like today, I have my diary completed with 619 in the positive! (although I worked out and earned 200 extra) Will I lose weight this way?! I even threw in a couple cookies... but like I said I don't feel as though I'm "starving".... any advise would be great! :smile:

Replies

• chantey16
    chantey16 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    you need to eat to get your calories up to AT least 1200. it's not that you're literally going to starve - starvation mode is to do with slowing down your metabolism. so even if you are not hungry...try eating healthy fats that are high in calories like nuts, olive oil, peanut butter, avacodoes ect. these foods won't fill you up much but will use up a lot of calories :)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Do not let your net fall below 1200 calories. It won't hurt you if it happens occasionally, but keep those days to a minimum.

You don't necessarily have to add more food, but switch to low fat or full fat if you've been using nonfat, use a little healthy oil in your cooking or salad dressing, use a few nuts or nut butter, etc.