Weight loss Plateau advice

Options
Hello: I am currently down 54 pounds but I cannot seem to break this plateau. I workout 5 days a week and I try and avoid desserts as much as I can and I typically have a sald with some chicken and a vinigarette on the side for lunch. Anybody have any advice?

Replies

• vnakkar
    Options
    If you're down 54 lbs, with 46 to go... first off, congratulations!!

How long is the Plateau? 4 weeks + is a plateau, anything else could be bump in the road.

You're half way on a long road. My best advice is to re-do your goals from scratch in MFP with your current weight etc. Eat MAINTENANCE for two weeks... take a break from the diet. Then go back in and re-set your goals to the 1, or 1.5 lbs a week. Give yourself a chance to recover and hit the road again. A two week break, for the long road you're on, is nothing.
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    im in a similiar boat.......down about 45lbs with prob another 30 to go and cant get past this weight for
    months now.....been reading tons and tons and basically what im hearing is switch it up...do different
    work outs or different foods, etc.
    i know its frustrating but dont let it get to you......we all know how easy it is to gain those lbs back so
    be proud of what you accomplished so far...
    goodluck :)
    diana
  • MensEtSalvere2013
    MensEtSalvere2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice and support! :smile: