FOR WOMEN - weight loss and boobs

Options
just wondering if anyone has any tips or stories, as since starting to lose weight my boobs have gone down from 40 e to 36d, but they've also got really saggy and look like deflated airbags! i need to carry on shedding this weight but i really dont feel confident about my chest anymore, especially with men i never want to take my bra off! if anyone has any exercises to help i would really appreciate it :)

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    :sad: one of the caveats of weight loss...

My boobs were destroyed after I lost weight from baby numero uno and have just gotten worse over time. Victoria's Secret and I are good pals.

Unfortunately, because breast tissue contains fat, glands, connective tissue, but no muscle, there is no way to tone up the girls. Working out the pectoral muscles underneath the breast tissue can help, but really only a little. If you want to restore them to their full natural beauty, surgery is the only way.
  • alexvallely
    alexvallely Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    damn it i was afraid thats what i was gunna hear :( guess im gunna have to go for surgery then hahah
  • ailiel
    ailiel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Your breasts have full natural beauty now. Consider surgery very carefully before you decide to go that route. You are doing a great thing for your health and your body. A well fitting bra can do wonders, so find a bra specialty store in your area. Not Victoria's Secret!

Very few people will have perfect, perky, teenage breasts their entire life. Anyone who has the privilege to see your breasts sans bra will not be thinking the same critical thoughts that you are, any more than you are thinking critical thoughts about their body in return.

I've found that push ups do help to perk things up a little. Also rubbing in various oils into my skin before bed to help repair the collagen on the looser skin. Right now I'm using coconut oil. This also reduces the appearance of stretch marks too. Good luck, and remember you are beautiful.
  • Unique_ways
    Unique_ways Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    OMG, i just made a comment about that on my stat last night...
    Thought i was the only one!

Wish I could put the fat where I want it and remove it from unwanted places!
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Your breasts have full natural beauty now. Consider surgery very carefully before you decide to go that route. You are doing a great thing for your health and your body. A well fitting bra can do wonders, so find a bra specialty store in your area. Not Victoria's Secret!

Very few people will have perfect, perky, teenage breasts their entire life. Anyone who has the privilege to see your breasts sans bra will not be thinking the same critical thoughts that you are, any more than you are thinking critical thoughts about their body in return.

I've found that push ups do help to perk things up a little. Also rubbing in various oils into my skin before bed to help repair the collagen on the looser skin. Right now I'm using coconut oil. This also reduces the appearance of stretch marks too. Good luck, and remember you are beautiful.
    Not sure the problem...
    1. Your body, you do as you wish.
    2. Victoria's Secret has some great bras
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options

This!

Also, I will not lie: my whole life, I was part of the IBTC, and when my weight went up, I FINALLY had the boobs I always wanted. To the point that I hesitate to start taking care of myself because I was afraid I'd lose the boobs I'd always wanted!

And, yes, I've lost size... But if i set out to lose fat, it's kinda weird to complain when that's exactly what happens, isn't it? ;)
  • chubalina
    chubalina Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I find push ups really help firm up my chest. Of course I'm not perky lol, but it helps!
  • Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I must be an anomaly. I lost weight, and I've gone UP two cup sizes!! One would think it's great, but not when I'm already "blessed." =/
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    they can suck the fat out of your *kitten* and put it in your lips, why not your boobs???????????????????????
  • alexvallely
    Options
    thank you all, yes i know surgery is drastic but bear in mind im only 20 and am yet to have childeren so theyll be even worse then! i get bras from boux avenue as there arent many victorias secrets in england which do help, but just annoying i dont even mind about them being bigger really just want them off the floor haha!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    first place my weight disappears from - I lost a lot of weight a few years back due to stress same thing happened to me. I went to a plastic surgeon about surgery for a Breast Lift. Honestly the pictures he showed me with the scaring was way worse than my boobs as they were.

I ended up working out with a trainer - got a little muscle in my chest - straightned those babies right out perked them right up. No of course I'm not 20 I've had my two kids already - they aren't up in my face but they aren't on the floor either.

Give some weight training a try first and see how it works for you.
  • MirjaH79
    Options

That! Keep the skin well moisturized, also around your belly-area. Natural oils are good. And also include the good oils in your diet, since the skin needs it also from within.

I'm not really sagging but sort of getting familiar with the gravity at 33 years of age with no pregnancies. It might be easier for me to live with this though, since I've never been that perky, even in my teens. :wink:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting. Work those pecs. Boobs sag when there is no muscle to support them.
  • Serendipityunt
    Serendipityunt Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I read this. My boobs haven't started to lose too much form yet, but I did notice they're a little smaller. I was worried about how they'd end up looking. At least smaller push-up bras are cuter than my full-figure ones.
  • ailiel
    ailiel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Not sure the problem...
    1. Your body, you do as you wish.
    2. Victoria's Secret has some great bras

Of course anyone can do as they wish, but breast implants and lifts are fairly drastic, invasive surgery. I know several people who have had implants recalled. You have to have another surgery every fifteen years (they need to be replaced). It is very expensive. You will be fighting a battle with time and gravity your whole life. It's not a road to go down without seriously considering the risks and benefits. Definitely not something to do without trying something else first!

Victoria's Secret's sizing is very off. They would put me in a 36C, which is a bigger band with a smaller cup than my actual size, 30DD. Measure your rib cage and you will see just how off they are! But their bras are fine and yes they do have some nice ones. Just not in my proper size. Never going back to sideboob from too small cups!
  • violinkeri
    Options
    I must be an anomaly. I lost weight, and I've gone UP two cup sizes!! One would think it's great, but not when I'm already "blessed." =/

I'm an anomaly too! I dont go up when i lose weight, but they go up when i gain and then dont go back down when I lose...

I went up from a C to a D or DD the first time I went on birth control pills aka crazy pills. I switched to something better and stopped gaining. THen i was broke and uninsured for a while and didnt take bc. i lost 30 lbs but my boobs stayed. Then when i got insurance and went back on bc....i am now a DDD. ive lost 15 so far and they havent shifted one iota.
  • alexvallely
    Options
    thank u all, yes i eat alot of almonds and take supplements, and use bio oil everyday and have been for a few years now so guess its not helping :( will just try to think even though this is a bad side effect of being smaller, i have gained so much and will continue to do so. maybe ill wait till after ive had kids to think of surgery lol