RAGBRAI for all you bike riders

Options
megamom
megamom Posts: 920 Member
The greatest Midwest bicycle ride will be in July. For all you bike riders out there, anyone ever thought of doing it? Ride across Iowa. Lance Armstrong has ridden it. Iowa is hilly, but each town you stop in will welcome you with entertainment and fun.

Replies

• LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a blast!!! I wish we had something like that around here (Toronto Canada area)
  • Kiddo1978
    Kiddo1978 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have lived in Iowa for 24 years and often thought of riding. I know it won't happen this year, but maybe in the future. It would be cool to say that I was able to do that!
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you all want to do this, then you need to check out there website. They only allow so many riders and you aren't guaranteed. I have had many friends do this and they loved it (I live in Iowa) Good luck to all that would like to do it. you get to see a beautiful state up close and personal. Oh, and you will see a lot of corn and soy beans :-)
  • baric
    baric Posts: 10
    Options
    Oh yeah, lots of corn, LOL.
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I've got some friends that do it every year. Not my thing...not the biking but the party part. I love biking and want to cross the country by bike someday but the traveling drinking party realy turns me off of that ride.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Yeah there is a lot of drinking when they stop but I know several people who go and don't drink. Personally the hottest part of the year is what stops me, and the hills, LOL. But the people I know who have done loved it.