Friday Happy Hour Mexican & Margaritas

Options
Hi Everyone,

This Friday is my co-workers little happy hour going away get together and I feel I'm going to get tempted to splurge with Margaritas and Mexican. Did I forget to mention this is one of my all time favorite places???!!!!! Yes it is :sad: I kinda don't want to go anymore because I know I will be pressured to drink those fabulous Margarita's but at the same time its her going away to a new job and will not see her for as much. What should I do??????

UUugghharr!!!! I think I shouldn't go :explode:

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    eat before you go!!
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Its all about state of mind. I have been around alcohol and favorite food such as pastas, etc. I just tell myself that either I want that quick satisfaction (cause it is quick) or do I want to get to my goal. Alcohol has carbs, etc. and it doesn't prevent you from losing weight but it pospones it. If you want to join in and have a treat then drink 1 glass of red wine but I would skip the Mexican food unless it is a very small portion of which you will know the calories going in.
  • Moneygrow3
    Moneygrow3 Posts: 51
    Options
    I think you should go! Ask if they can make you a skinny girl margarita! Food wise, choose something healthier from the menu and don't over do it! Also, one night won't hurt. You don't want to miss out on saying goodbye! =)
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Go! Don't give up on spending time with friends because you are loosing weight! Try your best, go in with a plan, and stick to it! Order something fairly healthy, or only eat half. Ask for a small margarita, or just take a few sips of someone elses. Drink plenty of water, and remember to LIVE and have fun! Enjoy!
  • aedfit
    aedfit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You absolutely should go. The more you can get used to sticking to your weight loss plans while immersing yourself in social activities that can be tempting the better.

I went through this same issue a couple of weeks ago. While I LOVE margarita's, I opted for a Corona Light and ordered a big water. I steared clear of the tortilla chips and salsa all together because one leads to basket refills (nothing like the never ending bowl of fried heaven). While everyone else is indulging in nachos, order yourself a soft chicken taco with extra veggies. Heck, have two! Don't even bother looking at the menu. Order first before everyone else can sway your choices. You can still participate while sticking to your goals. The key is to walk in with a plan. And most importantly ~ have fun!!!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! Mexican and Margarita's, my two favorites, that would be a hard one, can you eat before you go?
  • Nicoladavo07
    Nicoladavo07 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You should go as a treat to yourself! You shouldnt let it affect you socially!
    If you start depriving yourself of things you like you will start resenting the diet! xx
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I went the other night with my girlfriends for Margarita Monday. I stuck to ONE 9 oz margarita & ordered 2 glasses of water with it....drink of water, sip of margarita, drink of water, sip of margarita. Worked out great! :drinker:
  • pamw22
    pamw22 Posts: 77
    Options
    THANKS Everyone:blushing: !!!!! All these comments will deff help me!!! I might just do a Corona Light :drinker: no chips and eat before I go:bigsmile: !!! YYYaaaayyyyy!!! So i'm gonna go then!!
  • beachcomber12
    Options
    I think you should go too. I say everything in moderation. I think once you go and see that you could stay in control, the next time won't be so hard. Go and have fun!!!
  • Always_lil_j
    Options
    You should def go. I went to my fav mexican food place last night and drank A LOT lol. I suggest just going with your mind set on exactly how much you are ok with drinking. 1 or 2 isnt going to hurt anything. As for the food, I would eat before going or read over the enitre menu and pick the most healthy sounding dish. Fajitas without the tortilla is always good