A little discouraged...........

Options
Exercising and eating pretty good but yo yo with weight. Weight loss is more than posted because I wasn't logging. So far, I've lost 8 lbs in about 8 weeks. Does this seem okay? I'm trying not to become discouraged.

Replies

• tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Why in the world would you be discouraged with a loss of one pound per week?? This is okay - truthfully you are losing exactly at the rate you should be. Don't give up and just keep going - you got this!!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    8 lbs in 8 weeks is great! This is real life not The Biggest Loser. Be proud of your loss not discouraged!
  • kkmonroe79
    kkmonroe79 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You are doing wonderfully! Keep up the good work!
  • kwimpress
    Options
    Wow I would love that! Keep going girl!
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My average is 1.3 pounds per week. That loss is completely normal. Good job!
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work.
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    One pound a week is AWESOME!!!! Celebrate yourself...YOU ROCK :)
  • GottaHavePav
    GottaHavePav Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You are moving in the right direction. 1 lb a week is very respectable. As far as I'm concerned, any weight loss, no matter how small is a step in the right direction. Keep up the good work!
  • I have lost 1lb per week, so it's been 4 weeks, so 4 lbs...This is soooo slow but I need to keep it up
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    1 lb per week is absolutely good. You are doing perfect! Kudos.
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    8 pounds in 8 weeks is awesome!! WTG!!
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    1 pound a week is perfect and maintainable. You probably will have times that you don't see weight come off (or even gain *gasp*) but the scale lies so you may want to take measurements too.
  • Bbjka
    Bbjka Posts: 8
    Options
    I am a little discouraged also. I am eating super well and I exercise every single day using a heat rate monitor and I have lost 0 pounds in 2 weeks. I lost a total of 5 pounds the first 2 weeks but none since.......NONE? I am eating low carb because I am diabetic but also staying in a normal calorie range. i eat 1325 calories a day sometimes a few more and i can't seem to lose any weight. This is TDEE -20% so it is supposed to be the right amount of calories for me and I don't eat sugar flour or grains. HELP!!!
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    8 lbs in 8 weeks is great! This is real life not The Biggest Loser. Be proud of your loss not discouraged!

Love the comment about TBL. You aren't living in a bubble, exercising to the point you are disabling yourself, and being emotionally abused in order to starve yourself. A pound is week is healthy weight loss. Maintainable. And something to be really proud of.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I am a little discouraged also. I am eating super well and I exercise every single day using a heat rate monitor and I have lost 0 pounds in 2 weeks. I lost a total of 5 pounds the first 2 weeks but none since.......NONE? I am eating low carb because I am diabetic but also staying in a normal calorie range. i eat 1325 calories a day sometimes a few more and i can't seem to lose any weight. This is TDEE -20% so it is supposed to be the right amount of calories for me and I don't eat sugar flour or grains. HELP!!!

Weight loss is not linear. The 1 or 2 lb per week loss you are aiming for is an average over a month. So in a month, you should lose 4-8 lbs. Sounds like you are right on track.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options

Your doctor works with a nutritionist, no? It is harder to lose weight as a diabetic; your hormones are wacked out a bit. Talk to a pro about what you can do to overcome that. And don't give up. And don't think of it as 5 the first two weeks and none since. Think of it as an average of 1.25 per week.
  • CurvaciousBeautyToBe
    Options

Well said. :)
  • leanhulk
    Options

if you're exercising then it could be that your gaining some muscle and muscle is heavier than fat... you also need to let your body rest, working out every day isn't good... use measurements to keep track of your progress... you can also take a picture same day/time every week to visualize your progress.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    You are doing great.

You can change your start weight to reflect your actual loss here
    > http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker/update_weight It will then show on your ticker.
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Way to go...that is awesome!