30 Day Paleo Challenge

Options
Hi! I just started Crossfit this month and my coach suggested that I try a 30 day Paleo challenge.. I am starting tomorrow! Has anyone had an experience with paleo? I would love to hear from you! I'm nervous!

Replies

• ChairmanWow
    ChairmanWow Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing, and I guess I am officially three days in. The week before I started, I kind of changed one meal at a time, starting with breakfast, so that by Feb 1, I was doing all the meals. So, not a lot of experience, and I sort of feel crappy right now, but people claim that goes away after a bit.

Here's my average menu so far:
    Eggs and a banana for breakfast
    Big salad with either tuna or chicken and avocado for lunch
    Chicken or pork with veggies for dinner.

And I've been drinking lots of water. I was drinking tons of diet mt dew before and having a beer or two every night, so, this is also a big change.

Good luck!
  • mmanderr18
    mmanderr18 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I know what I am in for.. but here goes nothing!
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Join the Paleo/Primal support group on here.

Check out these sites for tips and great recipes:

www.nomnompaleo.com
    Www.paleomg.com
    Www.theclothesmakethegirl.com
    Www.Civilizedcavemancooking.com

And for info, www.marksdailyapple.com
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Ohh thanks! i am starting today :)
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    post had another meaning I did not intend...nm.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jivitasa
    jivitasa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 20tulipgirl20
    Options
    Book/cookbook on hold at the library! Can't wait to start it
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Pinkgirl319
    Pinkgirl319 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I did it before. I only lasted 10 days but I was really strict. All or nothing. You can't eat out at all because it is only organic fruits and vegetables and grass fed beef and organic chicken. It is really hard and really really expensive. I prefer clean low/no carb eating now but I do think you should try Paleo. Keep us up to date with struggles. I bought the Paleo Diet Solution by John Chatham (On my nook app on my smart phone) and that helped a lot. The Taco salad recipe is amazing I still use it frequently.
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I bought Practical Paleo and it'ss amazing1 it's a bit expensive but if you get it on e-reader its cheaper or just at the library.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • jivitasa
    jivitasa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    So I started Sunday! I got Well Fed on my kindle, and it is such an awesome first book! I have been really digging the recipes so far. I love how she breaks it down to cook for the week on a designated day, and then has a mix and match style throughout the meals. Basically its veggies, a sauce, a protein. Had Pad Thai for lunch just now... amazing!