I love you fat!

Options
This is my ode to fat...

I LOVE you fat in all your glorious forms from the way you make my food fry up to the way you make everything taste so yummy. I feel bad that you and your brother Carb got such a bad rap, and in the mean time protein sits their shining like the golden child. You arent evil fat you are fantastic. You keep polar bears and whales warm in the artic and you keep my doggies coat looking like black glass down here in the desert. You help produce all kinds of great hormones to keep the human population going. You make my brain so bulky and big giving me lots of great inspiration and thoughts. You help my eggies slide right off the pan. You give me tons of Vitamin E to keep my skin looking young. You help me make some Vitamin D so I dont have weak bones and get sick all the time. You give animals those extra calories they need to keep from starving and becoming extinct. You make babies smarter and hearts healthier. You give nuts that yummy nutty flavor. You keep me full and happy. Youre there in times of need if the world went to heck and there was no more food. You would let me live off of you to keep my body going. Fat you didnt make me fat. What made me fat was not moving, eating way too much of you and both your brother's carb and protein, abusing you and your brothers, and not giving you the respect you deserve. Fat you're the greatestest. Dont forget that. Keep making my food taste good and my thoughts flowing. Love ya fatty!

Replies

• KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Amen. I, like many others, have made the mistake of removing almost all fat from my diet when dieting. Truth is, we need fat. Our brains are around 60% fat. That reduced fat peanut butter I was buying? It replaced fat calories with sugar calories, plus a ton more salt. No thanks reduced fat peanut butter. I'll take the regular kind and my body will thank me. I found this to be true of many reduced fat versions of food. The calories weren't necessarily lower and were instead replaced by worse sources of energy.
  • CoachSamB
    CoachSamB Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Amen. I, like many others, have made the mistake of removing almost all fat from my diet when dieting. Truth is, we need fat. Our brains are around 60% fat. That reduced fat peanut butter I was buying? It replaced fat calories with sugar calories, plus a ton more salt. No thanks reduced fat peanut butter. I'll take the regular kind and my body will thank me. I found this to be true of many reduced fat versions of food. The calories weren't necessarily lower and were instead replaced by worse sources of energy.

Very true. I've noticed that too.
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    So agree! I am down six and a half pounds in 12 days. I am eating about 1900 calories and more than 50% is fat -- and I am losing weight. I'm never hungry. I have no cravings. I sleep well. My brain is alert and happy. My ears stopped itching.

Fat, where have you been all my life!
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Such a true, funny and well written post!