Goinh from 150's-130's

Options
Just thought Id make somewhere for everyone trying to get from the 150 lbs range to 130's!
Give eachother motivation and to know that we are all in the same situation!
Im currently trying to get from 150 lbs to 136 lbs!

Will keep you updated with pics and comments, also im 5 ft 4 inch, and 21 years of age x :flowerforyou:

Replies

• geddyp
    geddyp Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm also 150 trying to get to around 130 in time for my wedding. I'm 28 and I've lost 1.5 pounds so far :)
  • trishacrego
    Options
    I am also in the 150's , want to get to 130's.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I started at 153 and am now 132. I am 5'4" and 52 years old. I still want to lose 2-3 more lbs and cut some more belly fat. My diary is open if anyone wants to look at it. I net about 1500 calories a day. I exercise 5 days a week for 30-45 minutes. Cardio and strenght training. I try to meet my protein and fiber macros and then use my exercise calories for treats--wine mostly.
  • Yduenes
    Options
    Well i'm in the 160's trying to go down to the 130's, and 18 yrs old. I just graduated high school in 2012 (I was in the 150's) and man when they said watch out for the freshman 15... they weren't kidding. -__- Any advice on balancing out: SCHOOL, EXERCISE, HEALTHY EATING ON A LOW BUDGET, AND WORK. Help. Thank you. (:
  • AndreaMerrill
    AndreaMerrill Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    165 trying to get to 135. Heaviest was 173.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    This is mine, from 159 to 138 or so, I'm 134 now but have not taken updated pics yet. The pic is large so you will need to right click and hit view image to see the whole thing!! :)

beforeduring_zpsb720222f.jpg

And this took me a little less than four months.
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hey! My advice is maybe join a sports team, there was plenty of options when i started as a fresher! And its one way to enjoy all the alcohol with new friends and also being able to burn it off with them!
    Also, you can find so many healthy things on a budget it maybe easier for you to buy frozen vegetables that way you dont have to worry about the expiry date.. and will save you money :) (although not as nutritional as fresh veg).
    Also bulk up on healthy snack bars/fruit to save you from snacking on any bad things! hope this helps a little x
  • Carmella9
    Options
    Sounds like your well on your way to getting to the 130's, good luck!!
  • Carmella9
    Options
    I am determined to follow you weight loss, i bet being in the 130's kicks butt :)!
  • missshoes07
    missshoes07 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain my "15" until nearly the last semester. I worked 40 hours weekly and took 12 hours of school the entire 4+ years. Social life equalled Friday nights only and sleeping was next to nothing. The reward 8 years later is a great job and opportunities. SO here's my advice: try not to stress a lot. Yes girl, easier said than done but stressing will gain weight not reduce. Stay away from alcohol. I have to give myself pep talks now about that as I'm trying to drop the 10, I put on from too many happy hours. There's a lot of sugar and drinking 3000 calories is soooo easy. I'm not kidding. When I was in school, I packed snacks like apples and peanut butter or little bags of carrots, grapes or whatever. I ate salads every day for lunch. I do that now. You think it might not fill you up but if they are loaded with shredded carrots, mushrooms, squash, zucchinni, tomatoes, nuts, chicken, grapes, hardboiled eggs you'll see you've got a excellent range of veggies (low cal) but of your proteins and good carbs. Per salad: it's pretty low priced. Funds are tough, I remember. Making everything at home is cheaper. If you're dorming it then that's tougher. I was a 'commuter' student so I'm not the best in giving advice. Perhaps another gal here can. But I did "dinner swaps" with a friend. Cook a dinner, split it up, and you're not munching on the same thing for 4 days... Everything takes time. School, your weight loss, but just keep at it. When I gained my 15 before I graduated, I started studying at the gym. Pack your towel, water, and book/notes. Get on that trendmill or whatever and go. I'm 5'2" gal and weight gain of really any kind shows up quick. Lastly, don't let anyone distrast you. Figure out and set your goals and stick to them. Keep up the good work. You'll get there, I promise :)
  • sbk204
    sbk204 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm in the 150's and heading towards the 130's. I'm 52 and 5'5. Good luck with your journey!