A New Guy (Clydesdale)

Options
Hey there,

I'm new to this program, and was wondering if there are many men out there that are in the same boat as me. I'm the career guy that stopped making fitness a priority after having children. Now that I'm in my early 40s, with a great wife on a fitness mission; I need to be there for her support and after a lot of soul searching and self reflection-- realized that I need to "tighten up" my lifestyle.

I joined a couple of the groups here online, and am looking forward to having a extended support group.

(I'm currently 6'4" and 286... the goal is 235.)

Mahalo,
Marsh

Replies

• TB6197
    TB6197 Posts: 23
    Options
    Sounds very familiar, add me if you like - Good luck!
  • Roger2018
    Options
    Hey Marsh,

Your story sounds like mine, same age, our kids are older now, so not chasing them around quite as much, but my son is 14 and has inspired me to take better care of myself for he, my daughter and my wife. After thinking about it a long time, like you I realized I needed to do it for myself.
  • eaglewoodwill
    Options
    Same deal here Marsh. I have been up and down over the years. 345 at my peak to about 285 now. Just joined MFP and love it. 4 days a week of cardio until I get a base level of fitness. May not do the weights...no bulk needed. Add me if you like.
  • 11ERS11
    Options
    Marsh - Welcome Aboard! Same boat here sailor. Add me if you want. In fact, I need some more dudes on my friends list or my wife is going to think I'm creeping all the yound ladies. Man or Woman......doesn't matter to me. I just want like minded friends who aren't afraid to make a lifestyle change......and eat a cheeseburger now and again!
  • MarshWeber
    Options
    Hey Roger,

That's good to hear, another guy out there like me. I have three boys, 14, 11, and 8, and I can't be the their example if I'm not living it. Take care and strong work.

<break>

TB,

Copy that and will do.
  • MarshWeber
    Options
    Copy all and thanks for the good vibes!
  • renrock
    renrock Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This program works for me and it is easy to be accountable. My wife is much younger than me and I have a 6 year old. They both keep me busy. I'm now finding that I am having trouble using all of the calories available each day. Good Luck!
  • embracethefall
    Options
    Welcome to the machine, hehe.
  • grapegorilla13
    grapegorilla13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Calling any new clydesdales... bump.
  • sshone1
    sshone1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You are very similar to me! Although I just started to add kids (little later in life) We are about the same size with similar goals. This site is awesome and does help out. feel free to add me!