Returning to MFP with Jenny Craig

Options
I have been on Jenny Craig for 2 months now. I have lost 10 pounds. I love my consultant. And I have started to get interested in walking. I just love that I started the program, and was not encouraged to "work out" I only had to sit on the couch less than I did the day before. And now I am walking 7500 steps everyday. I started to use MPF again, because I can log my entire day of food, first thing in the morning. Then I feel really good to see that I will be on target with my calories. I was also able to get an idea of what to order when I went out for sushi. Usually, I eat about 1500 calories of sushi. But I changed my order and consumed only 411 calories. And at the end of dinner, I felt like, I didn't need to eat that last piece. I was full, full, full. I have always been interested in nutrition, and I love that Jenny Craig spends the first half of your weight loss goal, teaching you about portion control, and helping you eat well, when you go out. I can call my consultant anytime. I can even call the Jenny hotline, when I am sitting in a restaurant, and everyone around me ordered dessert, and I am losing control. They talk to me, and remind me why I joined, and remind me that I am committed to my new life. And I feel proud of myself that I resisted the dessert. It's wonderful. There are a few meals that I do not like the taste of. But I am able to change my menu and not have the things I don't like. It is a BIG mental commitment. You have to be able to believe in the plan, that it will help you. I love that Jenny is my own personal chef. I am eating in less than 10 minutes.

The big difference between using Jenny Craig and MFP. Jenny does not encourage you to eat your exercise calories. You are limited to your food calories, period.

I love it!!! Have you called Jenny, yet? I did!!!

Replies

• TeresaAnne38
    TeresaAnne38 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I used to be a Jenny Craig consultant - and it was actually another consultant who introduced me to MFP. I think these two programs can really work wonderfully together. Jenny Craig gives you most the foods and the guidline to follow - and MFP helps you figure out the calories of those other foods like fruits, vegetables, condiments, beverage and of course that meals on your own not on the Jenny Craig program.

Since I came from JC first I have never followed system of eating my extra calories. Yes the MFP system expresses its concern - but I just ignore that part. Within reason!!! Because even the Jenny Craig program would put you on a higher calorie menu if you are burning a lot of extra calories from exercise on a consistent basis.

Good luck continuing your loss!