Question For Those With Custom Setting

Options
I set my daily calorie goal to 1500 (I found 1200 was not enough and I wasn't losing weight); after I put in my calories burned do I still eat back the exercise calories? Or is that just for when going by what MFP calculates for you?

I don't want my net calories below 1200 right?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    That depends on lots of factors. How did you come to choose 1500? How tall are you? How old are you? What kind of exercise are you doing? What do you do for work, school? Do you take care of kids at home? What is your goal weight? How much do you need to lose?
  • rachealmiles
    Options
    I think that you would still need to eat the exercise calories otherwise it would take you below the 1500 goal.
  • jellybean82
    jellybean82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I calculated my TDEE and BMR and it looks like I'm not eating enough. My BMR came in at 1629 but there are times when I feel I can't eat more than 1500 calories a day because I'm not hungry but I want to make sure I'm eating enough for what I'm doing.

I have a desk job and I work out 4 days a week (training for 5k or a workout DVD) burning an average of 230 calories per workout.

I'm 30, 5'6, currently 185 and would like to get between 140-150.

Just me, no kids to chase after!
  • Legoeggo
    Legoeggo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    save to read later