restaurant food

Options
why does restaurant food always make me feel so dense the day after?

I went out for sushi last night for dinner and now I just feel dense. Yesterday (before dinner) was the first day where I was really feeling thin and great. And today, I feel dense and blah. I didn't eat outside of my allowed calories and I don't think I over ate, but grrr....

I really love eating out and MPF has really taught me how to chose better restaurant food, but ugh. I really don't want to give up eating out, but I feel gross today and I'm starting to consider not eating out anymore.

Anyone else feel like restaurant food makes them feel this way?

Replies

• uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    why does restaurant food always make me feel so dense the day after?

I went out for sushi last night for dinner and now I just feel dense. Yesterday (before dinner) was the first day where I was really feeling thin and great. And today, I feel dense and blah. I didn't eat outside of my allowed calories and I don't think I over ate, but grrr....

I really love eating out and MPF has really taught me how to chose better restaurant food, but ugh. I really don't want to give up eating out, but I feel gross today and I'm starting to consider not eating out anymore.

Anyone else feel like restaurant food makes them feel this way?
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    YEP! All the time everytime, even at souper salads, I think for me that it's more of a I don't know how their preparing it attitude. I don't even like eating at other peoples houses, and it's mainly because of that reason. When I cook, I know how much oil, what kind of oil, how much salt and all the fine details
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Could be the sodium.... think of soy sauce and wasabi... makes you bloat up the next day. Keep drinking the water to flush it out.

Also, all the carbs, carbs, carbs that are in rice! If I eat too much rice I feel bloat the next day!

Here's an article I found...

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/lifestyle/2007-05/17/content_874774.htm

Cheers! :drinker: