Hi everyone!

Hi! I'm John, I recently turned 28 two weeks ago, and I'm 5'9" and weigh 266 pounds. I've been overweight for as long as I can remember. Most of my adult life has included yoyo dieting. I weighed 190 pounds at 18 and was able to join the military(which I served in for 8 years). Unfortunately, the yoyo kept going. I got up to 285 at 21 years old, and then back to 210 at 22 years old. Let me tell you, I'm sick of it and I'm afraid I'm going to hit 285 again or higher. Now, I'm determined to get back below 200, ideally I'd like to weigh 180. I need your support, and I will support you all with your weight loss goals. I've never posted on one of these types of sites, but I'm finally going to give in. Thanks everyone and good luck with your goals!

-John

Replies

• courtneywiens
    courtneywiens Posts: 148 Member
    I just started using the message boards too but I've been a member for a little over a year. You can definitely do this and you won't go back to your old habits if you make true lifestyle changes...I recommend never ever using the word "diet"...they are pretty much destined to fail you. And that's what it is- they fail you, not the other way around. Because they're out of your control, set in stone, and if you deviate you feel bad...and feeling bad never got anyone anywhere. Lifestyle changes are in your control and once you make some shifts it can become permanent. It's not easy but it's so rewarding and a lot of small choices can add up to big results. Slow and steady wins the race! :)
  • Thanks Courtney, that's some great advice! I know I can do this. BTW, congrats on your weight loss!
    03639 Posts: 1
    hi i'm tiffany but call me tiff
  • jbloomfj
    jbloomfj Posts: 122 Member
    Welcome John you will find that reading about everyone's success stories will help motivate you. Feel free to ad me as friend if you wish. I am on daily and normally comment daily,.
  • Hi John! Welcome to the site! It really is great. The people on here are really supportive. Feel free to add me, if you'd like
  • CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    Hi John,
    Welcome to MFP, i haev been an active member since last summer, and been using MFP with my p90x /insanity to accomplish my goals. would love to help you as i have helped so many others here.

Remember Nutrition + Fitness = Success