Hormonal/Stress Lack of Hunger?

Options
Do any ladies have days where you are not hungry and days where you are hungry and can eat anything in sight? I do. This kind of fluctuation seems to be related to my hormones.

I have a lot of stress in my life right now. I'm currently at the not hungry week. My calorie intake is so low, it's pathetic. Food completely lost it's appeal to me. Nothing tastes good to me. I'm afraid my hormonal lack of hunger plus stress will put me into starvation mode.

What do you do when you simply can't stomach to force yourself to eat??? I started taking protein powder and raw whole milk just to up my calorie intake. This is getting absurd!

Should I stop exercising? I'm going to keep with my weight training to prevent too much muscle loss, but cardio doesn't seem like a good exercise if I'm not even able to take in enough calories to maintain basic life functions.

Replies

• Hollybot2
    Options
    I by no means claim to be a nutrionist but I think the whole starvation mode is thrown around a little loosely on here. I think so long is this doesn't continue for a long time, and you seem to be eating 1,000 a for the most part I would keep up the workouts. You say you arn't eating because you are stressed, it may not be wise to eliminate a stress reducing thing like exercise. Who knows, maybe after a run you'll feel less stressed and it will pique your appetite. Again... I'm not a nutrionist, this is just my opinion. Hope the stress goes away soon, you've done so great over the past year!
  • tenshiblue
    tenshiblue Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. Not having an appetite really sucks! I used to enjoy food a lot. Now everything just tastes bland.

I'm starting to turn into my mom! My mother is one of those people that eats only to survive. She doesn't particularly like food very much.