Healthy Dessert Recipes

Options
Wondering what the world of MFP has to offer me for delicious desserts or "sweet treats" (as we call them in my house) that are relatively low calorie, but most importantly, not super high in refined sugars.

Ready, set, GO!

Replies

• akenney13
    Options
    I don't know recipes per say, but I do know healthy substitutions! On a lot of recipes you can replace the oil with apple sauce or a fruit puree. Also there are a lot of substitutions you can use for greek yogurt. One really yummy and easy recipe are pumpkin muffins: a box of cake mix, a can of pumpkin, and a small thing of greek yogurt. or if you want them to be cookies, just don't add the yogurt. bake at 350 for about 12 minutes for the cookies, not sure how long for the muffins...
  • Rosiegordon33
    Rosiegordon33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Try this website, there are some amazing treats!
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • AnguishLanguish
    AnguishLanguish Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Chia pudding! Tons of recipes on the internet; have a squiz and see what you can find. Super high in protein and you can alter it in so many ways to meet your needs.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt is your friend. You can mix it with all kinds if things, from mashed banana and cinnamon to oatmeal and cocoa powder, you can then stick it in the fridge and it sort of sets nicely. Use agave, honey or stevia to sweeten. You can also make ice cream by blending almond milk with cocoa powder or pb2 or peanut butter and sticking it in the freezer for an hour or so.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of healthy dessert recipes here: www.pinterest.com/issypal